Emerald in the Rough

You knew things weren't always the best when it came to her, but you still tried to make sure she lived a happy life. Emerald was one of your closets friends since childhood and was now currently your roommate. Your family was able to take her in and ever since then you two brought her parents to justice and got them arrested for abuse and neglect. That was around ten years ago. Currently, you were crashing on your couch, watching TV.

You got lucky today and got work off. That didn't mean Emerald had the same fate. You looked at the clock and realized that it was around 5. Emerald would be getting off of work and home soon. You decided then to start making dinner. You decided on something simple for dinner. After making some meat, you got a few rolls ready and dinner was made. You heard the door open and someone call out. Worried covered your mind and you ran to the front door. You saw Emerald stumbling against one of her closets work friends, Cinder.

Cinder: Sorry! Wrap party for a friend. She got a little hammered.

(Y/N): (Sighs) It's fine. I got her.

Cinder: (Y/N), she was going on about something. Her father mainly.

(Y/N): Yeah. I got it.

You guided Emerald over to the couch while Cinder left. You laid her down gently and let her giggle drunkenly a bit.

Emerald: (Drunkenly) (Y/N)y! Daddy's being mean again!

(Y/N): Relax, Emmy. Everything's fine.

Emerald: (Drunkenly) (Y/N)y, you're funny!

(Y/N): I know, Emmy. I know.

Emerald: (Drunkenly) (Y/N)! When will-when will we get ice cream? When will we-

(Y/N): Sh, it's ok Emmy. You go back to sleep. I'll get you something to eat or get you warmed up.

Emerald: (Slurs) But-(Y/N), you make me-so warm and stuff.

(Y/N): Yeah, yeah. I getting you to bed.

You picked Emerald up and brought her over into her own room. You laid her down in her own bed, however, she grabbed your sleeve and arm and kept you in place.

Emerald: (Drunkenly) Read me a story! Like when we were kids!

(Y/N): Calm down, Emmy. Just go to sleep.

Emerald: (Drunkenly) I'm sorry! I'm so, so-

(Y/N): Sh, it's ok. Just go to sleep Emerald. I'll see you in the morning.

Emerald drunkenly mumbled something else before passing out. You rolled your eyes and smiled a bit before turning out the lights and eating the dinner you made for the two of you. However, that lingering thought still set you inside. She mentioned her father. She mentioned her past with you. That was never really good. If there was one thing Emerald never liked to talk about, it was our childhood, so outside of the alcohol, something had to be up.

You stayed on the couch, pondering this thought for some time until you decided to call it a night as well. After resting for a bit, you finally drifted off to sleep. After you finally awoke, you felt some weight on your stomach as you wiggled around. Your eyes slowly opened and you found Emerald on your bed, fast asleep. A massive blush formed on your face and stayed that way for a few moments until she also woke up.

Emerald looked up and smashed her lips together as she saw you.

Emerald: AH!

(Y/N): AH!

Emerald: What the hell, (Y/N)?!

(Y/N): Me? You were the one in MY bed?!

Emerald: So, how did I get here?