School Dance

The annual Ketsubutsu school dance. Something everyone either dreaded or looked forward to going to. It was a mixed bag really. Some people who were social butterflies loved going to the event. Others like you, not so much. It wasn't that you outright hated social events. Far from it. But it was a little on the annoying side when you lacked all social skills and just all-around confidence in yourself. That and you already did have a bit of a crush on the only girl in your circle of friends, Tatami Nakagame.

Despite you not being one for big social events, you did enjoy her more bubbly side of things. It also helped that she was your first real friend in High School, something that you were in desperate need of back then. Plus...and it could have just been your brain talking here, but she was kinda cute. Regardless of the personal opinions, it was all a matter of asking her out, something your mutual friend Shindo would tease you about far too often.

So, when it was lunch hour at the school and you sat down at your usual spot, Shindo was the first to make it there and placed himself right down beside you.

Shindo: So...

(Y/N): Shindo. Could you please not today.

Shindo: Just here to ask the question. That's all.

(Y/N): And to eat, I hope.

Shindo: That too. Do you want the guys and I to leave real quick so you can pop it?

You slowly turned your head to face him, looking like a dear just got caught in some headlights. He turned back to you once his sandwich was out and cocked an eyebrow at you with a bit of a cheeky smile.

Shindo: What?

(Y/N): Never mind. You're just full of hot air, aren't you?

Shindo: And muscle mass.

Your face palmed in mild frustration as the rest of your friend group walked over to join you guys. Toteki completely ignored you and sat down across from you and began to eat while Makabe pats you on the back and you give him a slight thumbs up in response.

Makabe: C'mon man. You can't keep doing this to yourself.

(Y/N): Easy for you to say, Mr. Heartthrob.

Toteki: He has a point. Just saying.

Makabe: Shoot man. It's not my fault.

Makabe patted you on the back again for the support. However, he quickly began to shake you, getting you to perk your head up. He softly elbowed you and glanced back to see Nakagame walking towards you guys. You sat up and continued to eat the lunch you had as she sat down next to Toteki on the other side of the table.

Nakagame: Hey guys.

Shindo: Whatup?

Toteki: Greetings.

Nakagame: So, how's the rest of today looking for everyone?

Shindo: Low-key day planned. Makabe and I were planning a training session after lunch.

Makabe looked over to Shindo and saw his friend wink subtly. Makabe nodded in agreement.

Makabe: Speaking of, maybe it would be better if we went now? Get the most out of it. We would get to one-up the first years too. And we all know how much you love to do that.

Shindo: That I do! Toteki? You in?

Toteki: Might as well. (To you and Nakagame) You two finish eating. Enjoy yourselves.

Nakagame: We will. Have fun, you guys.

They all nodded, packed up their gear, and left the room. Nakagame smiled before continuing on her rice cakes. See, the guys obviously all knew about your crush on Nakagame and you knew he was doing all of this on purpose. You began to mouth off to him as he walked away. However, he mouthed a "Good Luck" and continued to walk off. You groaned a bit before playing with some of your food. You looked up a bit and saw Nakagame staring at you for a bit.