Never Miss a Heart Beat

You were a student within the halls of Atlas Academy, just nearing the end of your second year there and already a lieutenant within the specialist unit of Atlas. You were on top of your game and that's when you noticed her. Neon Katt. The girl was a member of Team FNKI and the word actually described her. She was cool, sly, spunky, and all around someone you knew who could easily handle any and every situation.

You were sitting inside a lecture hall with both your team and FNKI. The two of you knew each other from your partner, Silver and the leader of FNKI, Flynt Coal. The lecture itself was another boring and was constantly just reinforcing what you were already fully aware of. Despite all that, it was still nice to see Neon. Sure she was kinda crazy but hey, it beat the ever madding conformity and uniform of Atlas.

Finally, the lecture ended and classes were dismissed for the day. As you and your team were walking down the halls, you glanced to your side and saw Neon on her skates, skating along the hallway with Flynt behind her.

Silver: Flynt.

Flynt: How's it hanging Adwin? (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Hello, Flynt.

Neon then spun backwards and rolled towards you three.

Neon: Hey, boys! How's life?

(Y/N): Uh, hey, Neon. Fine. (She began to roller-skate backwards) I don't think you should be doing that.

Neon: Psh! (Y/N), you're such a worried wort! Just have some fun once in a while.

(Y/N): Hey, I have fun!

Flynt: Really?! You? Fun?

Neon: Yeah you too! Training 24/7 is not fun!

(Y/N): Then what do you call "fun"?

Neon and Flynt smirked at one another and guided you out and away from your partner. Silver meanwhile waved you off, noting caring about the end results. The three of you ran towards Atlas's first amphitheater. The place wasn't in high use but stayed due to the council wanting it for sentimental reasoning. The two of them got onto the stage while you sat in a chair, seemingly unimpressed.

(Y/N): So, tell me, what's the end game here?

Neon: You'll see! Ready Flynt?

Flynt: Ready! Never miss a beat!

Neon: Never miss a beat!

Neon got onto a piano and together the two members began to play their instruments. Neon also began to sing as well. It was actually really stunning to hear them preform. It was like a combination of smooth jazz and some or of rock as well. You could clearly understand why they called it fun and you were in full support of it. And hearing Neon's singing voice made you love her even more than originally did.

While the two were playing, you noticed a guitar on a stand behind Neon. You didn't know much about music, but if there was one thing you knew, it was how to play the guitar. You assumed Neon caught onto it and saw you glancing at the instrument.

Neon: (Singing) If you want to play

Come on and sing

Get your butt on up here

And make sure you have a nice day

You looked up and saw that Neon was gesturing for you to grab the guitar. You glanced a bit over to Flynt who also held the same smile when he took a rest from his trumpet and gestured for you to come on up. So, you ran up to the stage and hopped up and moved towards the guitar. As you made your way over to it, Neon's tail slapped your rear. You turned back to her and she gave you a smirk and a wink. A blush covered your face but you shook it off and grabbed the guitar.