Invisible Crush

Lunch hour during UA was always something special. Whether Lunch Rush had a new meal planned for you all or everyone had a fun time and enjoyed time with your friends. So, today was no different. You were sitting at your usual spot, doing three key things. First of all, was eating and the second was glancing at your crush, Mina Ashido. Quirky, fun-loving, and pretty chill person, all qualities you liked in a person. What could you say, she was really cool and-

Hagakure: Hey, (Y/N)!

You were shocked out of your train of thought by your good friend (Admittedly, your best friend since childhood) Toru Hagakure. You turned to her and she smiled (presumably) at you. You looked back at her and you felt her place a hand on your shoulder.

Hagakure: Everything good? You seemed a bit off there.

(Y/N): Uh? Oh, dont worry about it Toru. I'm doing just fine!

Hagakure: You sure?

(Y/N): Just...a bit nervous is all.

Hagakure: About...?

(Y/N): Certain things. (You raised a finger to silence her) Things that I do not wish to say at this current moment.

Hagakure sighed and went back to picking at her curry. You saw that she had barely eaten anything at all.

(Y/N): Alright, asking the opposite here. Are YOU ok?

Hagakure: Just fine. (You cocked an eyebrow at her) Ok, a little stressed out. Nothing really I can do about it.

She looked back to you, and you still had a similar looking uncertain look to your face. You cocked an eyebrow again, almost pushing her to tell you. She sighed and placed her hands under her head to support it.

Hagakure: I'm just worried about this math test later today. And I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do for it. I studied as much as I could and remembered some of the formulas, but I'm not sure that can save me this time.

(Y/N): Toru, you gotta have some level of confidence in yourself. Look, you did everything you could. You reviewed, you memorized all the important stuff. I know. You had me quiz you last night.

Toru: (Sighing) Sorry. Just really nervous.

You then saw Ashido walking over with some of her own friends. Both you and Toru smiled as they all sat down with you guys. The conversation was pretty standard for you guys, but nothing you were complaining about. Next thing you knew, Ashido suddenly brought up the math test again, and you saw your opportunity.

(Y/N): I could tutor you real quick. We still have around ten minutes left of lunch.

Ashido: Really?!

(Y/N): Yeah. Toru, can you scoot over a bit.

Hagakure: Oh, uh, sure.

Hagakure moved over a bit and let Ashido into her spot as you began to teach her. You were honestly just happy that she came to accept the help more than anything. And yes, you did blush a bit when she grabbed your hand and pulled you back after she made a terrible joke. The bell then rang and everyone was called back to class.

The test was pretty easy, at least for you. Everyone else except the top of the class seemed to be pretty stumped on it or at least were taking their time. You were one of the first to turn in and were able to sneak a couple of glances at Ashido, silently cheering her on. Of course you did that both to Ashido and Hagakure. More so the former than the latter. But still, you were cheering your friends on.

Once the test was done, everyone was given some free time by Ectoplasm so you all could converse and relax a little. You sighed as he left the room until Hagakure came over and slammed her hands down onto your desk, startling you.

Hagakure: What the heck was that?! Was that physics or math?!

(Y/N): What's the difference?

Hagakure: One can be fun! The others math!

Ashido: I thought it was ok.

You both turned over and you smiled at seeing Ashido walk over and join you guys.

Ashido: Your tutoring really helped out a lot.

(Y/N): Well, that's great. Happy I could be of some assistance.

Ashido: Yeah. Think you could help me out with some english as well?

(Y/N): Certainly. You just give me the time and place.

Ashido: Say this Saturday at noon at the Sugar Bowl?

(Y/N): Down for that!

Hagakure: Wait, (Y/N), I thought-

Ashido: Great! I gotta run. See you there!

You turned back to Hagakure after Ashido walked off. However, from where her sleeves had moved, you realized she was not in the greatest of moods now.

(Y/N): What?

Hagakure: We always had it that the weekends were our time. Our time to hang out and just do random stuff.

(Y/N): I know, I know. But a small break from that wouldn't hurt anyone, right? And besides, this could be my chance for...well...you know. I...(Whispering) I really like her. And I think this could start something.

Hagakure: I know it's just...(sighs) Can we still hang out Friday?

(Y/N): Yeah! I mean, I don't see why not.

Hagakure: Awesome!!! (The bell then rang) Want to walk down to the station?

(Y/N): Can't. Ashido invited me out with some friends. You can come if you want?

Hagakure: I'm...I'm good.

(Y/N): Alright then. Well, see you later then.

Hagakure: Yeah...see ya.

You linked up with Ashido and her friends and you all walked off to the courtyard of UA. There, you guys talked and somewhat hung out but nothing out of the ordinary for either of you. After that, you all went home and you also saw Hagakure walking home with Ojiro earlier in the day. The weekend came and went with no major hook ups either. The tutoring was great and you and Ashido did get some food while you both were there. So things were going great.

Hanging out with Hagakure was also a lot of fun. Yet, there seemed to be some tension in the air. But that wasn't on your priority list. Things were going good. You would tutor Ashido on Saturdays and hang out with Hagakure every Friday instead to keep the routine up. Unfortunately, it seemed to only benefit you sometimes as Hagakure would get a bit more angry each visit to your home.

After school one Friday, you texted Hagakure to see if she was interested in hanging out again.

Hagakure: Sorry. I have a date later tonight.

(Y/N): A date?

Hagakure: Yeah. I can get those.

(Y/N): I never said anything bad about it. So, who is the lucky guy?

Hagakure: Well, you spent your time hunting down a taken girl, so Ojiro was kinda there to pick up the pieces. He's a really nice guy and I really like him.

(Y/N): Wait, wait, wait! Back it up! You use to like me?!

Hagakure: Yeah. Thought I was making it obvious. I guess not obvious enough. Also, yeah, Ashido is already dating Yuga. So, sorry to bust your bubble.

(Y/N): I...wow...ok.

Hagakure: Yeah. Well, see ya I guess.

(Y/N): Yeah. See ya.

You had no words. You crashed down onto your bed and sighed to yourself. Again no words. You waisted your time going after a taken girl and lost your closets friend. What the hell did you do to your life?