thunderstorm - foxxay

summary: after hell, misty's afraid of the thunderstorm roaring just outside. luckily, her girlfriend, cordelia, knows exactly the trick to calm her.

warnings: none

word count: 399

. . .

Misty sat curled up in a ball in her shared bed while Cordelia was brushing her teeth in the bathroom.

A nasty storm was going on outside and Misty was absolutely terrified of it, when she lived at her swamp she never got thunderstorms for the time she was there and if she did, it would be so minor that you could barely hear it if you played music.

Another thunder cracked making Misty jump and hide under the covers while she yelled Cordelias name. "Dee" Misty yelled and Cordelia came running "Misty? What happened? Are you hurt?" Cordelia frantically asked as she ran over the curly blonde who had the covers over her head like a child.

"The thunder" Misty said as she shed a few warm tears. "Mist, the thunder isn't going to hurt you" Cordelia said as she wrapped her arms around Mistys waist and held her as she placed a kiss on her forehead.

Misty was still shaken up, she wasn't used to thunderstorms and Cordelia realized that. "Your with me, you're safe" Cordelia repeated in Mistys ear and kept leaving small kisses on her forehead "How about we play some music" Cordelia said and Misty nodded.

Cordelia knew just what would calm her down, Fleetwood Mac. Cordelia grabbed her phone from the night table without ever letting go of Misty and pulled up 'Rhiannon" and played it for Misty. "My favorite" Misty said as her tears started to dry and she became less shaken up "I know you too well" Cordelia said and got a giggle out of Misty.

Cordelia slipped into bed with Misty as her fingers stroked through the blonde curls, Misty holding on to Cordelia so tight like her life depended on it.

"I love you" Misty whispered as the next song changed to 'Gypsy.' "I love you too sweetheart" Cordelia said and looked down seconds later to see her girlfriend peacefully sleeping.