black cat's magic - foxxay

summary: on halloween night, the girls are getting ready to go trick or treating. but when their daughter unexpectedly gets her powers that night, she causes some spooks.

warnings: none

word count: 1248

.   .   .

"I wanna do that like you mama," the three year old said after Misty had used her telekinesis to bring Lily's cat ears to them. It still wasn't Misty's forte, but her and Cordelia were working on it.

"One day, Lily bug. Ya gonna be a real powerful witch like ya mommy." Misty placed the cat ears on Lily's head, careful not to mess up the pigtails that Cordelia had done for her. She had hair just like Misty, and to redo it, they would miss trick or treating.

"No fair." The girl crossed her arms and pouted. Cordelia walked over to the pair and sat in front of Lily on her bed.

"Baby, you gotta give it some time, okay? Mama and I didn't get our powers until we were much older. Like sixteen." The girl contemplated what her mother had told her. She didn't yet understand how long it would be until she was sixteen, so she didn't seem to be content with that.

"For now, you're gonna be our little black cat. Huh?" Cordelia tapped her daughter pink-tinted nose, eliciting a giggle from the girl. "Want mommy to draw some whiskers and a nose on you?"

Lily frantically nodded her head, moving closer to her moms. "Yes please mommy," Lily pleaded, using her manners that she most definitely learned from Cordelia.

Cordelia got out black eyeliner and began on the whiskers and nose while Misty got herself ready. Lily giggled and crinkled her face at the dark substance that slid across her cheek three times. "Tickles," the little pushed Cordelia's hands away when she attempted to finish off with the nose.

Cordelia laughed at her daughter. "You are always so ticklish. Huh?" The older woman's fingers began to relentlessly tickle her daughters sides. Lily threw herself back and wrapped her arms around her small body.

"Mama! Help mama! Please!" The girl called through a huge fit of giggles, face turning red and hardly being able to breathe.

"I don't know, Bug. I think I'm gonna have to help mommy out on this one." Misty's fingers took place on Lily's neck; one of the most ticklish spots.

"Mommies no!" Despite her pleads, she was laughing until her cheeks began to burn. She didn't entirely want them to stop, completely forgetting about trick-or-treating at the time being.

"Mommies!" The two older woman abruptly stopped. Not at Lily's request, but the lamp that came tumbling down and shattering onto the wooden floor.

Immediately, Lily curled into her mothers, afraid that the ghosts and goblins were already making their rounds for halloween. "What was that?" Cordelia asked, primarily to herself.

"I don't know..." The lamp was on the completely other side of the room. Where there was no doors or windows for anyone to prank them.

Misty stood up and went closer to the incident. Lily whimpered, all the spooky halloween stories flashing in front of her vision like a rolling movie. "It's okay, baby. It just fell."

"There's nothing over here," Misty finally announced, figuring that maybe one of their cats was hiding in the corner, pulled the cord, and came crashing down. But nothing. It was completely empty.

Misty walked back over to the pair on the bed. Cordelia stared off at the wall, something she frequently did when she was in deep thought. "Misty, tickle Lily again."

"What?"

The little girl curled her body up, smiling, trying to hide from the relentless fingers soon to come. However, Cordelia seemed serious. Not angry, but not playing around at all. "Just do it please. I need to see something."

Misty raised her eyebrow but still followed her wife's instructions. Lily started kicking her feet and laughing uncontrollably at her mothers antics. "No! No no no, Mama," the girl screeched. Eventually, a picture frame of the three of them came crashing down onto the couch across the room.

"Jesus," Cordelia muttered under her breath. Misty stopped to look at her, a grin slowly growing on the older woman's pink cheeks. "She manifested her powers."

"What? She's three years old. That's not possible, right?" Misty picked her daughter up and placed her on her lap, letting the girl play with her curls per usual.

"I didn't think so but- I don't know. I mean, she was made by two witches so maybe..."

"Mommy! I'm witch!" Lily exclaimed, clapping her tiny hands. "Witch mommies! Witch, Witch," Lily continued when her mothers didn't respond immediately.

"My sweet girl, look at you!" Cordelia lifted Lily up from Misty's lap, holding her in the air from under her arms. "My little witch!" The older witch pulled her daughter closer and peppered her face with a dozen kisses.

Misty joined in on the two of them, pecking the little girls cheeks on both sides. "Look at you, little bug. On halloween too!" Misty says.

With all of the praise, Lily somehow manages to lift a perfume bottle into the air without even touching it. "Look! Look!"

The older women stand there with their months ajar. They had never seen such a young witch. Especially since Lily had never had real training before. "I wanna show auntie Zoe!"

The little family walks hand and hand down the stairs. They get to the living room where are the girls gathered with their halloween costumes. Lily insisted that all of her aunts go trick-or-treating with her just like every year.

"Look at your pretty costume," Zoe exclaims. Kneels down so she's face to face with her "niece." She bops Lily's painted nose causing another fit of giggles to erupt from the little girl.

"Auntie Zoe! Look! I'm a witch!" Before anyone could say anything further, a tv remote gets lifted into the air without any hands on it. "Just like you!" She let's the force go and it slams back onto the table, nearly breaking. They were seriously going to have some chaos with their newly witch.

"I—" Zoe looks up at the mothers of the child. They're just standing there, grinning down at her. "That's amazing, Lily! When did this happen?"

"Mommies were just tickling me and then mommy said I made a lamp fall down but I didn't even touch it!"

"Oh lovely! Just what we need," Madison chimes in. She's wearing a devil costume that's far too inappropriate for the neighborhood kids to be seeing. Her and Lily are close, most of the time, but she still never lets her tough demeanor falter when everyone else is around.

"Madison," Mallory scolds. She kneels down next to Zoe and high fives the youngest witch. "That's awesome! Maybe you'll be the next supreme one day!"

An excited "yeah!" sounded throughout the room.

"Alright well my baby supreme better get going before everyone steals all of the candy!" Lily grabs ahold of Zoe and Mallory's hand, dragging them both out the front door and shouting at Zoe to grab ahold of Madison.

"Jeez. I didn't give birth to her or anything," Cordelia says sarcastically. If there's one thing Lily loves, it's her aunties and halloween.

Misty chuckles at her wife and grabs her hand. "Don't worry, I'll hold your hand," Misty says, kissing Cordelia's cheeks. They both walk of the front door and watch their little family enjoy yet another holiday together.