war is over - cordelia goode

requested by cordeliasboobholder on tumblr: Hi can I request for Cordelia goode x reader where the reader is in an abusive relationship and Cordelia helps her escape and they fall in love?

warnings: physical and verbal abuse, blood, d slur.

word count: 3645

.   .   .

"You know you don't want to do this, baby. You love me too much, you would be nothing without me." He talked low and so so manipulative as he moved closer.  It was a mix of beer, some other woman's perfume, and weed that he reeked of.

He squeezed your hips, knowing definitely that he would leave bruises. You could not look him in the eye, being this close. There was something so dark and scary about it. His eyes were hallow, an obis of torture.

"Please. I don't want to be in this relationship anymore. I don't- I told you I don't like men." He pushed you back, pressing you both against the wall. He breathed out of his nose with so much pressure that you could feel it against your face.

"Shut your fucking mouth before I make you." He wrapped his large hand around your throat, not giving you enough room to even gulp down your fear.  "You love me so much, it's pathetic."

It was the banging down the hall that caught Cordelia's attention. She was working in her office, grading papers when she heard it. At first, she blew it off as thunder. There was a storm outside, and living in a big house, it could've just echoed against the walls.

But then she heard yelling, a man yelling, and that's when she got concerned. She knew that sound from anywhere. Hank would yell all the time when she was married to him.

She was well aware that your boyfriend was over. It seemed like he always was these days. There were no other men in the house. After Spalding left, the house was just filled with women and she realized that, that was probably the best option. 

Cordelia hated to be bias, but she couldn't stand your boyfriend. Not only because he was one of the reason's why Cordelia could never be with you. But also because he wasn't that respectful. No manners, and he looked at Cordelia and everyone as if they are all scum on his shoe.

Cordelia got up and made her way down the hall. She knew it had to be coming from your room. All the other girls went out to see a new movie. Of course you couldn't attended after being forced to hang out with your boyfriend. And Cordelia always had a strong desire to protect you.

Cordelia knocked on your door once, twice, but to no avail. The yelling was muffled but she could hear sniffling on the other end.

The older woman decided to open the door anyways. Clearly, something was wrong. She knew you weren't able to protect or defend yourself. You were a strong witch, but in situations like this, you often froze up.

That's when she saw you flinching in a corner with red, puffy eyes. You boyfriend was in front of you, looking the angriest Cordelia has ever seen him. He did not bother to move when he heard someone walk in. That was one of his problems; he believes he's stronger than the most powerful witch on earth.

"Is everything alright?" Cordelia looked into your eyes, trying to find something, anything in your eyes that tells her that you need saving. "I heard a lot of ruckus."

He turned around and that's when you saw Cordelia glare at him. Like an angry animal, she looked ready to attack. "We're fine," He said, with the most malice laced in his voice. He didn't even bother to look Cordelia in the eye.

But then she turned to you, with those soft, warm eyes and everything felt safe and okay again. She gave you a concerned look and it took your all not to break down. "Are you okay, y/n?" She asked slowly, and it gave you time to contemplate your answer. But then you felt his dark eyes over you and decided you would be better off to lie.