it was always only you - foxxay

summary: misty thinks she undeserving of the supreme up until they have their first kiss.

warnings: none

word count: 799

.   .   .

Most days Misty wondered if she had a purpose in life, after coming back from hell she had nothing, nobody, except for Cordelia, It's always been Cordelia, she loved her, and she wondered if Cordelia felt the same, but how could she, how could the supreme love a mediocre witch who lived in a swamp, someone who's only friend was her.

Misty thought nothing of the looks Cordelia gave her, whenever they would lock eyes, especially during dinner when Misty sat across from her and had no one to talk to, when she looked up and the first thing her eyes caught were those big brown eyes.

She never thought anything of when she would have nightmares and Cordelia would be right there to calm her down, bring her to her room and fall asleep cuddling so Misty would feel safe and sound.

Or the times when Cordelia would make time in her day just to spend it with Misty in the greenhouse, not just because Misty was lonely but because Cordelia enjoyed it, She wanted to be with Misty, spending every living moment with her.

Cordelia was Mistys source of comfort and so was Misty for Cordelia but Misty couldn't get that through her head, she couldn't get past the fact that maybe Cordelia actually did like her back, it was impossible and now Misty and Cordelia were alone in the greenhouse, eyes locked with Cordelias.

"Misty, are you okay?" The supreme asked in a concerned voice to the cajun that was spaced out, trapped inside those beautiful brown eyes of Cordelias.

After multiple attempts of trying to get Misty out of her trance, she finally broke "Um yeah sorry."

"Let's get back to the spell, shall we" Misty added, putting her attention right back on the plant which didn't last long before Cordelias hand gently placed itself under Mistys chin, moving her face to look at her.

Cordelias eyes never left Mistys, she cared about Misty, she wanted her sweet baby happy, she knew what was going on in that head of hers, it was impossible not to, she saw the look on Mistys face whenever she got too close to another person or when Misty couldn't take her eyes off Cordelia as she did her work, she knew. Misty could try to hide anything from Cordelia but the one thing she couldn't was her love for her.

Mistys heart was pounding, she was sure Cordelia could hear each heartbeat. Their faces were so close that Misty could feel Cordelias breath. Cordelias cold hand that was on Mistys chin was now placed on Mistys cheek, each moment they stood there in silence, caused Misty to fall in love with her even more, if that was even possible.

"Don't lie to me, i know somethings wrong sweetheart" Cordelia said in that soft sweet voice she always puts on causing Misty to fall even deeper for her but she couldn't focus on the words that were coming out of her mouth, her focus were on Cordelias lips, god she wanted to kiss them so bad.

"I love you" Escaped Mistys mouth, causing a blush to sweep across her face as she put her hand over her mouth, she couldn't control anything that came out of her mouth in this very moment, it just happened, she meant it, but she sure wasn't ready to say it in case Cordelia really didn't feel the same, it would be over, everything her and Cordelia grew could be over in a second, just like a snap of a finger.

"I know" Cordelia whispered into Mistys ear causing a chill to go through her body "I love you too."

Misty didn't even noticed Cordelia growing closer to her until their lips collided.

Misty froze for a second, not completely comprehending what was happening until she realized it was actually happening, this was real life, it wasn't a dream.

Misty deepened the kiss, it felt right, this felt right. Misty could taste the cherry chapstick she always watched Cordelia put on her soft pink lips.

Misty lifted Cordelia up on to the table as Cordelias legs wrapped around Mistys waist, while Mistys hand placed itself on Cordelias waist.

Cordelias hand made its why behind Mistys blonde curls, she never wanted to let go, neither of them did, this was who she was supposed to be with, it was her, it have always been her.

"I love you Misty" she said in a low voice up against Mistys mouth. Oh to hear those words escape Cordelias lips, it was like music to her ears "I love you, Delia" Misty responded, this was her person and it always will be.