to love and to be loved - cordelia goode

summary: seeing cordelia as just cordelia was something that only you got to see. you make sure to treasure those moments and keep them in your pocket. in other words, a bath with cordelia where you help her relax.

warnings: none

word count: 1329

.   .   .

"Let me run us a bath."

That was the first thing Cordelia had said to you when you discovered that baths were better than you remembered. But only when Cordelia was in them with you. Alone, it was an awful feeling as the water cooled down almost immediately. But with Cordelia, the water always seemed to stay hot until desired.

Now it was a thing that both Cordelia and you did together regularly, oppose to showers at night -showers are now a morning thing. It was a way of showing your appreciation for each other as a whole without actually saying anything. With Cordelia's back hurting from slouching over at her desk all day, it felt soothing to have the hot water relax her muscles. As for you, you just liked to have Cordelia's soft flesh against your own.

Cordelia now sat in the steaming water that was laced with rose bath salts and oils. You didn't mind all of the extra stuff because it smelt nice and was in fact relaxing like she told you it would be.

A cold shiver ran down your spine, reminding you to join her rather than just stare. You took a breath after losing it in the back of your throat.

You started to untie your rob. You didn't mean to make it look seducing but from the way the silk slid down your smooth shoulders slower than the water filling up the bath, Cordelia couldn't help but take it that way.

You walked closer and she couldn't take her eyes off of you. it was like you were pendulum, hypnotizing her.

She shifted her body to make room for you, her back resting again the rim. No doubt that it was a big tub, meant for possibly even two people. But with the way you both lay together as if you're one, there was no need for it to be as big as it was.

You laid with your back against her, between her legs. With your head rested on her chest, the hot steam still managed to submerge you and place you under a calming state.

You took a deep breath while Cordelia's hands began to explore every inch of you. She ran her fingers along your clavicle like she was finger painting. Maybe she was; you were hers after all. You were her canvas that she created her most prized painting on.

You wanted more of her. With movements swifter than wind, you reached behind yourself and gently grabbed ahold of Cordelia's head. Fingers carefully tangled in blonde hair. You didn't even need to make an effort to pull her closer to you because she had already took the intimation the moment your breath hitched.

Within seconds, she was slightly leaned down, enough to give you every inch of her lips. Your lips melded together and you slowly turned into a puddle as ice would under hot sun.

Cordelia's fingers dug into your back, trying not to hurt you. But you didn't feel it because after all, nothing can hurt in paradise.

With labored breathing, you both pulled away after some moments shared. Where it felt like forever but in the reality of anyone else, only minutes had passed.

You placed your head back on her chest, resting it as if she was a pillow. You subconsciously ghosted your fingers along her freckled arm, each freckle reminding you of the stars in the sky yet the stars couldn't bring you as much felicity as Cordelia gives you everyday.

Most people could only imagine what heaven was like. You didn't though. You knew what heaven was like because you were living it everyday with Cordelia.

When you had realized who you had let see you as just you, you started to feel insecure. Cordelia was so effortlessly beautiful. On some days, you wondered if she had not been a witch but an angel.

With the thought, you stiffened up. Cordelia noticed when your finger had stopped connecting each freckle on her arm, had all the muscles in your body tightened.

"Relax" she whispered, her rosy lips ghosting right over your ear. Goosebumps rose on your skin and for a moment, you thought every strand of hair on your head had stuck up.

Hands pressed against your shoulders, messaging them. You hummed, content. But it should be you taking care of Cordelia, after all she had done for not only you but an entire academy. You felt bad. You imagined how badly Cordelia's back must be hurting from all those hours a day hunched over a desk.

"Baby, switch? Let me rub your back, hm?" Her actions on your shoulders paused. Cordelia always takes care of everyone else. Never herself. Now with you in the picture, it was unusual for her to let go of the wheel and have someone take care of her.

"Honey? Seriously, i'm okay. I want to take care of you." You said and for a moment, she thought you must be reading her mind.

"Okay" she mumbled and she sounded so raw and vulnerable.

You move to lay in the same position as Cordelia but on the opposite side of the tub. She then lays her body on top of you; her front against yours.

With her head rested in the crook of your neck, it took no effort for you to lean down and place a kiss on the top of her blonde hair. Your hands began to work on her slick back, generously caressing every inch and only pressing down gently, enough to relax the muscles.

She let out a content hum and the vibrations against your neck had caused you to shudder. You looked down to notice her eyes shut and a smile tugged at your lips. You kept your hands moving, feeling as if your entire world was in this bathtub. It was your Cordelia. Not the supreme. Not Fiona's daughter. No makeup and no strong facade. It was just Cordelia. Cordelia who just needed for someone to take care of her. Who just needed someone to treat her as if she was a normal woman. And who needed to be able to be vulnerable but still feel so safe in said person's arms.

"You mean the world to me and more" you heard Cordelia whisper. Had she not been so close to you ear, you wouldn't have heard it. And you had figured that she felt the same way that you did in this moment.

It brought tears to your eyes. A lump in your throat had grew. Cordelia always had something nice to say but in this moment, with Cordelia in your arms and the atmosphere so peaceful, it had meant much more than something she had ever said to you before.

You had to pause because the lump in your throat had made it impossible to get absolutely any words out. This made Cordelia look up at you. She immediately frowned and cupped your cheek.

"Honey, don't cry" she practically whined. "I love you with my entire heart, you know that?" You asked. She nodded and bit her lip, now trying to contain her own tears. "For once in my life, I do know that someone does. And for once, I reciprocate those feelings completely."

No matter how many heart breaks Cordelia had been through, whether that be her mother or her husband that now, she realizes that she never really loved, those don't matter now. She has you and she'll always have you no matter how many cities separated you both, no matter how many people become obstacles in the way of the both of you, there would always be a pulse that echos you and her.