two queens in a king sized bed - cordelia goode

summary: on your way home from a council meeting across country, you and cordelia's flight gets canceled due to a snowstorm. the issue is, christmas is tomorrow. The bigger issue is that you have to share a bed with the woman that you've fantasized a relationship with since your first arrival at the academy.

warnings: none

word count: 3224

.   .   .

The thing about Cordelia Goode is that she books ahead. She's consistently on time for everything and always has her plans set in stone months ahead. That's why, the flight back to New Orleans getting canceled was a huge stump in her road.

It was December 24th and Christmas was approaching faster with each hour that passed. It was completely devastating that Cordelia could not be home with the girls for Christmas eve. She always made the holidays extra special for them since most came from a broken or abusive home. For Cordelia to miss Christmas day was like a parent missing their child's birth.

"What do you mean it's canceled? New Orleans doesn't ever snow!" Cordelia was getting agitated. For her to pull her unusual tempestuous demeanor was certainly alarming.

"Well, this year it is ma'am," The woman at the desk said flatly. She seemed unfazed by the infuriation.

Cordelia sighed, her face fell into her hands. Your first instinct was to put your hand on her back, but you immediately retracted that thought. You never truly saw Cordelia in this condition and so you did not know how she would react to being touched.

You could feel the heat radiating off of Cordelia's body from the anger and stress that fumed her. "The earliest flight we have is tomorrow morning at eleven," The lady intervened once more.

"Fine. If that's all you have, we'll take it." Cordelia became completely composed, especially when she spoke. You could see the tears threatening at her eyes, but she had already been far too trained at keeping them in.

Cordelia bought the tickets and walked out of the building with a rapid step. She didn't say a single word to you, you just tried your hardest to keep up with her.

You both waited outside for a taxi. It was snowing here, too. It reminded Cordelia of the reason she couldn't be home with her girls. But it was too pretty to be mad at. Still, she kicked a big chunk of snow with the tip of her shoe. "Fuck!" She yelled, wrathfully. It startled you.

"I'm going to disappoint all of the girls! They look forward to this all year and now i'm just abandoning them on the holidays like their own parents did!" Tears prickled down her face. You didn't know if it was the coldness or the anger that made her face turn so red. Both, probably.

"You're not disappointing anyone!" You finally said. She looked at you; like a small child, millions emotions danced across her face at once. Her lower lip trembled; she bit down on it. "It's not your fault. You can't control the weather. You tried your best and that's all that matters. They'll understand. We all know you would never abandon any of us."

Cordelia went to speak, opening her mouth to only close it when the taxi arrived. The conversation ended and was not brought up for the time being. She knew you were right. A huge part of her truly believed it too. She knew you would never lie to her, anyways.

The driver dropped you both off at the only motel in town. The only actual building in town, really. The deserted area was covered in snow. Without a couple of cars filling up the small parking lot you would've thought the place had been abandoned. The motel, however, seemed to be in great condition.

You and Cordelia both shared a look of uncertainty and then you followed her in. The lobby was empty besides an older woman at the front desk. You could hear muffled chatter and movement from the rooms down the hall.