haunting of soullessness cellar - billie dean howard

requested by cordeliass on tumblr: maybe billie filming another halloween special and something ~spooky~ happens and reader comforts billie??

warnings: none

word count: 1050

.   .   .

You sat on the couch while Billie's voice sounded throughout the four walls of your living room. It was Billie's annual halloween special for her show. She had always done it live, and you didn't mind; you just stayed home and passed out candy anyways.

The doorbell rang for what could've been the millionth time that night. It's not that you minded passing out candy. You loved seeing the cute kids in their costumes; they reminded you of the future that you'll have with Billie. But getting up off the couch every five minutes was aggravating when you just wanted to watch your girlfriend on the screen.

You opened the door and put some candy into two little kids pumpkin baskets. You conversated with the parents for a couple of minutes. They lived around the neighborhood and were always good to Billie and you. Eventually, their children got antsy and dragged them away.

By the time you got back to the couch, there was an entirely different show playing; halloween specials that they play every year. You checked the clock, puzzled. It was only eight thirty and Billie's show didn't end until nine.

You checked the channel to make sure one of your cats didn't just step on the remote and switch it. When you realized that it was, in fact, on the correct channel, you decided to call Billie.

Your phone rang a few times, you hoped you weren't interrupting anything. After a few rings, she had picked up. You heard heavy, uneven breathing on the other side of the phone. You immediately panicked.

"Hello? Billie? What's going on?"

She didn't answer for a few seconds that must've felt like hours. But then a raspy voice rang in your ear, "I— I don't know. I'm on my way home now. I can't stop shaking. I—"

"Billie, calm down, honey. Breathe. I need you to breathe for me." You were terrified that she would get into a wreck. Even more aggravated that she didn't call you and have you pick her up instead of getting in the car at the clearly wrong state of mind.

She took a few deep breathes and began again, this time sounding near to tears, "The show— I just— I left. We all ran out. Something went terribly wrong."

"What do you mean, Billie?" You tried your best to keep your composure, but the fear was eating you alive. You were afraid that she wasn't going to make it home in one piece. You didn't know what happened.

"I'll tell you when I get home. I'm right down the street, darling." You heard her sniffle through the phone, her voice hardly audible through tears.

"O— Okay, Billie. Please drive slow, and be careful. Love you."

"Love you too, sweetheart."

The call ended and everything felt eerily silent. Even with a background show playing and your cats purring beside you on the couch. You placed your hand against your chest, feeling it accelerating against your palm.

And you sat just like the for a couple of minutes until you heard another knock at the door. You would've thought it was another trick-or-treater if you hadn't heard Billie's car door.

You jumped up around the couch and swung the door open without wasting any time. You could hardly see Billie as she collapsed into your arms. You felt her wet tears against your neck.

"Shhh. I'm here. It's okay," You whispered, what triggered her still unbeknownst to you. "It's okay, Billie." You rubbed your hand against her back, her silk blouse moving with your palm.

Her body stayed tense and hard, nearly as if she were unable to move. Afraid that something terrible would happen if she did. So you made the first move for her. "Billie talk to me, what's wrong, baby?"

You gently pulled her back, arms still secured around her waist to make her feel protected. Nobody could hurt her in your arms. "I— I don't even know. It all happened so fast. We were at the haunted house and I was trying to talk to the mother that died there. A— And then," Billie began to choke up again. You pushed some hair out of her face to give her some time.

"—And then she pushed me down the stairs, right into the basement. I'm okay, I'm not hurt at all. Somehow— I don't know. And the door just shut. It locked and my crew couldn't get in. No matter what they did. I could feel her all around me. It was so dark and there were things falling off shelves," Billie took a deep breath, "Eventually, they kicked the door open. We all just rang out of the house and didn't look back."

You stared wide-eye at Billie as she explained her story. You never understood how she had so much courage to visit these house, let alone talk to the spirits. You knew she would continue even after this occurrence.

"Jesus, Billie. I looked away from the tv for a few minutes and all that happens," you talk with an utmost soft voice and run your fingers through her hair to soothe her. Her bottom lip begins to tremble and so you pull her back into a hug. That's when she breaks down again. "You're safe now. It's okay, honey. You're safe."

"W— What if I didn't get out. You would've been all—"

"Shush. None of that. Don't work yourself up over the what if's," you say. She takes a deep breathe to clear her head. "You are safe now. You are home. With me. And we are going to enjoy the rest of the night, alright? I'll help you forget all about that if you want?"

She pulls back again to look at you, biting down on her lip so hard that it turns completely white. "I would like that very much, babydoll." She leans in closer, grabbing ahold of you lips. You gently press her body against the front door, running your hand under her blouse.

Then a knock disturbs the moment. You both chuckle, "Maybe it's time to turn the front lights off."