rewrite the stars pt.2 - harriet hayes

summary: you're a new cast member on studio 60. what happens when you stumble upon harriet hayes herself? what will happen if you have to share a dressing room with her.

note: this chapters really short but 3 and 4 will be much longer and better!

warnings: none

word count: 822

.   .   .

"I think i can get used to sharing a room with someone" Harriet said with her hands on her hips, admiring the dressing room now that it had your things all packed in after and hour of work "Well i'm glad. For a moment there, i thought you were going to kill me so you wouldn't have to share" you quipped, a smirk plastered on your face. "Well i wouldn't kill you...maybe just a little push down the stairs." your eyes widened "i'm kidding" she let out an airy chuckle.

The room was silent as she walked closer to you, your beating heart could be heard for the dressing room beside you both. "I'm very glad that your here, i think you'll be a great addition" "Thank you Harriet, that means a lot coming for you" she beamed at you, just staring in your eyes for a moment "you can just call me Harry" she said abruptly.

You were unsure why she wanted you to call her a nickname when people who passed by and greeted Harriet when she was helping you bring in you things just called her Harriet. Before you could even overthink it or respond to the actress, she was already fixing her hair in the mirror and getting ready to walk out the door "I better get to the stage now, rehearsals starting for me" you nodded at her "good luck Harry" she smiled at the use of her nickname before she was already out of the door just like that. God she was going to be the death of you.
                                          ____
"Andddd cut. Awesome job guys" You took a breath as you walked off the stage, proud of yourself for finishing your first rehearsal here. Although, it wasn't very easy when you looked over and saw Harriet hiding in the corner, watching your every move on that stage. You couldn't lie; you did like -maybe even love- the attention from her but you honestly felt like you did awful when the Harriet Hayes was watching.

"Got a staring problem?" you inquired, walking towards Harriet, making her jump out of the trance she was in"shit y/n, you scared me" she put her hand on her chest, acting as if she had to catch her breath.

"I wanted to see if you really have any talent" Harriet said.

"Well then, what do you think?" you crossed your arms to your chest, mimicking her standing position "you're awful" she said boldly "what?!" you almost choked at her statement. "I'm kidding y/n. You're really amazing!" she started walked towards the exit of the room "I wouldn't say amazing" you trailed behind her.

"I would. I hope we can work beside each other one day, although you'll make me look awful with your great skills" she stopped in the hall and turned back to you, almost causing you to bump into her once again "i never thought i would live to see the day that Harriet Hayes tells me i would make her look awful."

"Well god works in mysterious ways" she took in a good look of you before turning away and walking down the hall. You watched as she disappeared into another hallway, making sure to walked with confidence and you wondered if she walked that way for you.
____
The following day -Tuesday- went almost the exact same until the evening rolled around. You were sitting at your makeup desk, fixing things up before getting ready to leave when Harriet walked in. You both shared your greetings and then the room fell silent so you looked through your mirror to see what the woman was up to.

The sight that you saw almost made your heart stop, it made your cheeks flash red. Harriet was changing right in front of you with no shame. You looked away as quick as you could although you were so enthralled by her beauty and perfect body. "Uh do you- do you want me to leave?" you stuttered out, getting very flustered "no you're fine, we're roommates, you'll be seeing that a lot in between breaks" you let out an airy chuckle, trying to hide your bright red cheeks with your hands.

You jumped when you suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder. You looked beside you to see Harriet standing there wearing a worried smile "are you okay? You seemed flushed?" she put her palm on your forehead and the room began to spin "Harry, i'm just peach-" you said breathlessly albeit, before you could finish your sentence, you felt like you were falling and everything suddenly went black.