there you go, saving me from the cold - cordelia goode

requested by anon on tumblr: maybe could write one where reader is Cordelia's and Hank's (ew) biological daughter. And Hank is physical to both Cordelia and reader but Cordelia doesn't know he's physical with her daughter because she's too blinded by her "love" for Hank. And one day Cordelia finds out and the rest is just cute and fluffy.

warnings: blood, choking, abusive father & husband. this can be super triggering for some people so please read with caution.

word count: 2440

.   .   .

You could hear yelling in the room beside you. Could hear the door slam, and then the sound of your mothers sobs.

You didn't do anything. You sat there. Wallowed in your guilt, knowing your mother was hurt, both emotionally and physically.

You didn't expect for yourself to be the next target. After fights, he'll run to the bar to drink it all out. You're usually his drunk punches.

"Let's go" Your father says, once he bursts through the door. He's angry, clearly. He's in his aggressive moods. And you're terrified, so terrified. You know your mother couldn't do anything. Even her powers failed her whenever he was around.

"What?" You ask, watching as he begins to pull a bag out of your closet, and shove random items of clothing into it.

"Get your ass up! We're staying the night at a hotel. I'm not dealing with your mothers bullshit tonight."

"Dad no. Please. I want to stay home." It hurt to call him dad, really. A dad was supposed to keep you safe, but it seems that he was what you needed protection from.

He then gets in your face, and it's a little too close for your liking. He grabs your wrists, and you wince because he's grasping on to them a little too tight. You can feel the droplets of his spit as he speaks, "Do not make me ask you again."

You obligate, because you saw a glimpse of what would happen if you hadn't.

He throws your bag at you, and with shaky hands, you take what you need. If you were given enough time, you could've slipped in a knife for your own protection.

"Dad I really don't want to go. Please don't make me. I'll be good for mom, I won't even make a sound" you sobbed, and noticed how Cordelia's cries in the room beside you have ceased.

He didn't say anything else, and you think that's what scares you the most. When the only sign of anger is on his expressions.

He grabbed you arm tightly, and dragged you out of your room. You tried to stop him, to put your two feet steady on the ground, but he was too strong.

"Mom!" You yelled, as you were being dragged past her room. The door was opened, and she watched the scene with tears.

"Just be good baby, okay? I love you." She didn't entirely understand that he hurts you. She blinded it by her 'love.' But she could tell you were terrified, and figured it was because you just heard your parents yelling at each other.

"Mom no! Don't do this! Please."

You knew there was nothing she could do. She could only watch as her baby get's dragged away into danger for the night.
-
When you got to the hotel, you acted as the perfect father and daughter duo out in the open. But you knew, right as you got into that hotel room, you were in serious trouble for the fuss you've caused back at home.

You tried your hardest to not look in his eyes while you placed your bag's down beside the bed. But he took any chance he could get to create a bruise on your body.