blinded by your love - cordelia goode

summary: you help blind cordelia when she has a complete breakdown after simply dropping her mug.

warnings: none

word count: 783

.   .   .

It was silent, for once this house was silent, it was early in the morning, there wasn't Madison bitching about absolutely anything or Zoe and Madison arguing, Queenie wasn't making fun of Madison and starting a fight, nor was there Nan here reading everyone's thoughts out loud which once again, caused a bigger fight.

Peace and quiet, everyone was asleep, i sat prompted up at the table with my mug in my hand, the warmth of my coffee going through the ceramic to the palms of my hands.

That silence didn't last long when i heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I heard the smacks of a cane against the floor and any other thing that could be in the way of her, it was Cordelia.

I went quiet, not making a single sound, i didn't want to scare her, the fact that she couldn't see made me nervous for multiple reason, one being that she at any given moment could hurt herself and two being that i was nervous to startle her, since she can't see, you can't just sneak up on her even if you don't mean it.

I watched as she walked in, i was honestly amazed at how independent she was, i mean she got dressed and did her hair all alone without being able to see, still looking absolutely stunning.

She carefully got her mug out of the cabinet, her hands touching almost everything to actually find it which took a good five minutes.

And *smash* The mug fell right smack onto the ground, shattering everywhere "Christ sakes" An aggravated expression plastered all over her face.

"I cant do anything right" She mumbled, stepping forward, her foot almost landed right on the sharp ceramic pieces "Woah woah woah, be careful there" She flinched as I grabbed her arm, gently moving her back before her foot got cut open, that would be another incident she did not need.

"I have to clean this up" She pointed to the ground, her voice also sounded aggravated, matching her expression "I'll do it" I walked over to the broom "No it's my mess, i'll do it" She made her way over to me, her hands gently smacking against my arm to find the broom in my hands.

"No Cordelia, you can't see it, i don't want you hurting yourself" I moved away from her touch, walking over to the mess "It's okay to have people help you ya know" I continued as i bent down, brushing the small pieces of the cement into the dust pan.

"I'm capable of doing things" "Some things, not everything" The headmistress stood there awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen, not daring to move until it was all cleaned up "I got myself ready this morning" She crossed her arms, her eyebrow raised "Yes and you did a great job but you also failed to make a cup of coffee" She went silent "Cordelia i'm extremely impressed at how independent you are, i really am, but you have to let your guard down sometimes, i mean you almost just cut your foot on the broken mug a second ago" I watched as her lip quiver, she slowly bit her bottom lip to stop it but it wasn't worth it because seconds later tears prickled down her face.

"Delia? Are you okay" My voice soften as i walked over her her, gently cupping her cheek to swipe away the fallen tears "Im such a failure, this is all my fault" Her cries turned into sobs while her voice raised, if the other girls weren't up still, they sure would be now.

"No no no Delia, you are not a failure, none of this is your fault" I wrapped my arms around the headmistress, she immediately melted into my embrace like she hasn't had anyone show her affection in years "I am" She sniffled against my shoulder, her tears soaking through my shirt "You are not, okay? Do you think i would lie to you" She shook her head "If i could pull my eyes out in give them to you i would" I said it almost as a mumbled in hopes she wouldn't hear it but she did, of course she did.

She lifted her head off my shoulder, her arms still wrapped around me, before i knew it, she crashed her lips against mine, my heart almost stopped, she pulled away "I can't see your expression, are you mad?" She questioned, instead of answering her question, i collied my lips against hers again "Does that answer your question?"