always forever - billie dean howard

summary: you've been trapped in the murder house since your unfortunate death. it's hard to keep a relationship with billie when you're dead although your love for each other is too strong so you make it work.

warning: mention of death

word count: 1067

.   .   .

You and Billie have a very unusual relationship. Actually, many people would think it was insane. You were dead and she was alive but that never broke either of you apart.

When Billie finally allowed you to go to the Murder House with her, you we're ecstatic, unbeknownst that from that day on, you were going to be stuck there for eternity.

Nobody in that house knew that you were going to accompany Billie so you really just blamed yourself. You should've never left her side and explored down to the basement but curiosity got the best of you and before you knew it, some guy in a black rubber suit had a knife right in your stomach.

You didn't even know you were dead, you couldn't remember what had happened. You felt off but you could look in the mirror and still see yourself. So, both of you continued on with your day until it was time to go. You grabbed the mediums hand just like you always did but suddenly, as you attempted to walk through those gates, you were right back in the kitchen.

You were filled with fear and so was Billie albeit Billie actually knew what was going on right as your hand left hers. You cried out Billies name, running back to her. You tried to walk through those gates again but Billie held you back before you could. She didn't want you to just upset or frighten yourself further.

"Y/n, what did you do?" Her stern voice almost sent terrible chills down your back. You'd never seen her so panicked, so wretched. "I don't- i didn't do anything!" you cried out. You just wanted to go home with Billie, relax, but instead you weren't even able to even put your foot onto the sidewalk.

The medium just stood there frozen. She had witnessed a lot of death in her time but this was of course different. "Will you tell me what's going on!" you shouted, not meaning to raise your voice at her but panic took over. "Y/n...you died."

You and Billie never split apart that day. She stayed with you overnight. She wasn't mad at you of course but maybe herself more than anything. The goodbye that morning was the hardest part. You both made a deal that she comes to see you once a week and you both kept in touch will calls and texts everyday.

The most recent goodbye was the hardest; she had to go a few states away to shoot a new episode of her tv show. That means you would go two months without seeing her. It was hard but it only got harder until she finally called you and told you that she was back and on her way.

Now you sat anxiously on the stairs, waiting for your lover to finally be home; your arms.

The door began to creak open, you knew it was her. Her vanilla scent already filled the room and her shiny pearls were reflecting off the window.

"Billie!" You exclaimed, not wasting time to run over to her and jump in her arms, almost knocking her over.

"Someone missed me" she said with a light chuckle, squeezing you tighter than she had ever before. You finally let go of her, although your arms were still wrapped around her waist. You gave her lips a peck, finally getting to taste her sweet lips after so long. "My sweet girl, how have you been?" your wished that she didn't have to ask you that question, that you could be with her every second of the day.

Your face sort of fell. You didn't want to show Billie how upset you were because it was hard on her too but you really couldn't hide it anymore.

"Darling what's wrong?" she grabbed your chin and deeply scanned your face. You walked away from her touch, sitting down on the couch that was beside you. "I wish we could be together. I wish we could wake up together and go on dates and travel." She joined you on the couch, her hand on your thigh. "I'm mean, you can do all that stuff but i wish i could do them with you. This is all my fault because i had to be so fucking stupid, i never should've came here that day, you knew it wasn't safe but i still made you take me."

The room fell silent. You were afraid you may have said something wrong. Billie was all that you had. You never had a great family or many friends before your passing and there was such not anyone you could be even remotely friends with at this place.

"Y/n, you're not stupid. You didn't make me take you, i wanted to. Neither of us knew that this would happen. If anything it's my fault for not keeping you by my side" you shook your head "but i wandered aw-" she cut you off "i didn't warn you."

"We can't go back and change the events y/n" she moved her hand onto your back for comfort "but sometimes i feel like you'll find someone better, someone that's alive" a few years started to roll down your face but were quickly caught by Billie's hand on your cheek. "Don't say that sweetheart. You are the only one who could ever own my heart. Even someone who's living will never compare to you."

You couldn't fight the urge to lean forward and connect your lips. You missed her lips so much in the time she'd been gone. You missed that fuzzy feeling that you felt in your heart whenever you would kiss.

Suddenly, you felt the medium pull you onto her lap, you didn't fight it, in fact you just melted right into her, laying your head on her chest. She knew every inch of you and how to make you feel better."I love you so much y/n" she gently scratched her nail up and down your back to the point where it almost lulled you into a deep sleep. "Always forever."