underneath the christmas tree - ally mayfair-richards

summary: what better way to spend the christmas season than going to a tree lighting with ally.

warnings: none

word count: 826

.   .   .

It was the middle of December and the temperature had tremendously dropped over the past few weeks. You and Ally were both walking downtown and if it weren't for your hand in Ally's and your other one in your pocket, you were sure they would freeze off.

You and Ally were beyond excited for this Christmas, being your first Christmas as an official couple. The both of you could tell that you were going to spend the rest of your lives together or at least you both hoped, so, you decided to make some traditions. The first being to go to the annual Christmas lighting downtown.

Ally had surprisingly agree to parking from afar so you could both walk through the streets that were filled with Christmas lights. You were shocked because you knew how your girlfriend hated being cold but she must've really been feeling the Christmas spirit.

"It's so beautiful here at Christmas time" you said and let out a soft sigh, breathing in the cold air as it was refreshing. "To think that after all the years i've lived here, i haven't actual taken it all in." Her eyes gazed around the city, observing the beautiful sights that were decorated for the holidays.

You moved her hand that was interlocked with yours, up to your lips and placed a gentle kiss on the top. As your lips lingered there from a second longer, a smile formed on your girlfriends face. "I'm so happy i get to spend Christmas with you."

"Many of firsts sweetheart." She said before leaning down towards you lips and peppering a few kissed there. She absolutely made your heart explode, there was definitely no doubt that you would both make this relationship last -being happy and healthy in it- until you last breath. The thought of growing old with Ally had made your heart feel an unexplainable warm and fuzzy feeling.

When you both arrived at the enormous tree, there was already many people gathered around. Luckily you and Ally were close enough were nobody was blocking it.

A shiver suddenly ran through your body. You were layered up to the point where you could hardly even move your body but that still didn't stop the coldness from attaching itself to any revealed skin. This, of course, didn't go unnoticed by Ally.

"Cold?" She queried.

"Freezing." At that, she wrapped her arms around you and ran her hand up and down your arm as to generate some type of heat. You looked up and smiled at her, only looking away when you saw extremely bright lights in the corner of your eye followed by a bunch of '"oooh's" and "ahhh's" from the crowd.

Christmas music began to play and the lights on the tree followed the beats, changing to a million different colors and patterns.

Ally squeezed you tighter as she couldn't contain the felicity inside her from seeing your eyes light up at the show like a child's would after seeing their presents under the tree on Christmas morning.

Yeah the tree was beautiful and all but what Ally couldn't take her eyes off of was you. She was still in shock that she had you, that you were hers and she was yours. It was still unreal after an entire year; sometimes she had to pinch herself to see if this was all a dream or not.

When the tree lighting had ended only a few minutes later, Ally still had her arms tightly wrapped around you and your head was now rested on her shoulder. "That was so beautiful" you said and she hummed, agreeing with you as if you weren't the beautiful one she was watching.

Slowly, you lifted your head off her shoulder and still in her embrace, turned your body so you were face each other. "You know I've never had great Christmas's so thank you for making this season extra special" you beamed at her and tucked a stay piece of hair behind her ear.

"No need to thank me sweetheart. I would do anything to see you smile."

Everything had fell silent for a moment. Though you were in the city, your ears had blocked out any of the noise as your eyes kept flickering from Ally's lips to brown eyes.

Then you kissed her. It had always felt like the first time even when it was just a single peck; feeling weightless and the ground beneath you felt like it was nonexistent. When you were with Ally, it was as if you were both flying high up in the sky, all your worries and trouble behind you because you were soaring with the love of your life.

"Merry Christmas my sweet girl" she said, her face still inches apart from yours with her forehead resting on your own. "Merry Christmas beautiful."