i'll always keep you safe, my love - diane sherman

request from tumblr: "reader is a teacher that works at the school diane subs for. diane and reader grow close the more diane teaches at the school. reader asks diane out but diane is scared/reluctant to accept. somehow diane's mom comes down to visit and reader can see the kind of toxicity that diane was raised in and decides to not give up on diane so she'll know what real love is."

warning: abusive/drug addict mother

word count: 5779

.   .   .

Monday
10:17 AM
"Okay class, today we are going to-" You were interrupted by a knock at the door. It wasn't unusual for your class though. You had always been the fun, loving teacher that everyone skips their own class to go to. It's what you made sure to be.

One of your students quickly shot up to get the door but before he could reach it, you had shooed him away. "It's okay. I got it." Something had told you to open the door yourself. You always listened to those weird callings in your head.

He sat back down while you opened the door.

A woman. A teacher you'd never seen before stood there. Auburn hair and glistening eyes. She was so fucking pretty. If you weren't in school then hell, you would've asked for her number.

"Uh h-hi. I'm Diane Sherman. I'm subbing for the class next to you. It's my first day at this school and i'm having a little difficultly with the smart board. Do you mind helping me real quick?" Diane explained. She seemed so nervous. It made you heart tear just a little. You remember your own first day.

"Of course!" You said and smiled when you could see the relief on her face and her shoulders relax. She smiled back at you.

"I'll be right back, guys. I'll only be a second so don't destroy the place!" You teased and walked out of the room behind Diane.

With her jeans hugging her small curves so perfectly, you could help but catch a glimpse of her as-

"Miss y/l/n!" some of the students in Diane's class cheered. You couldn't lie, it felt nice to be a very known and liked teacher. You were never that when you were in school.

You could hear Diane's chuckle. It made your heart melt. God damn, you have to contain yourself in a school setting. It's just not appropriate.

"Well liked I see" Diane stated the obvious. She didn't take her eyes off her laptop screen as she logged in but you could still see her smile from the side. "Ohhh possibly" you crossed your arms up to your chest and looked down. Suddenly there was a deep red hue on your cheeks.

"So" the redhead started "I can't get the laptop to hookup to the smart board. None of the kids could figure it out either."

You walked closer to the laptop. Closer to Diane.

She stood up so you could get a better look. A part of you wished she stayed. The closer you got, the more warmth radiated off of her, onto you. The more your heart melted.

"That's weird. I'm gonna reset it, that usually helps."

And Diane watched your every movement. She watched closely to what you were doing. But she really wasn't looking at the screen, you could feel her eyes on you. For a moment, you forgot that there was a class in front of you.