i want to be with you everywhere - foxxay

summary: cordelia and misty spend a weekend at the swamp together. unintended, cordelia ends up proposing to misty on that sunday evening.

warnings: none

word count: 7543

.   .   .

The Louisiana heat was already not treating Cordelia well. Misty Day still had her shawl wrapped around her shoulders, the older woman thought she was going to collapse just by looking at her. The heat certainly didn't bother Misty much.

"I know it's not ya ideal vacation but..." Misty trailed off. There was no but's. She knew Cordelia would rather be relaxing on an island where there was no alligators or spiders sneaking up on them.

Cordelia wouldn't admit it, but she wasn't looking forward to waking up to an alligator in the bed, or to sweat off all her makeup. This made Misty happy, and she wouldn't ruin that for her.

"It's wonderful. I get to be alone with you, that's all that matters."

They'd never spent a weekend at Misty's swamp together, but Cordelia had visited when Misty was stuck in hell. The only reason that the shack is still somewhat livable.

She kissed the swamp witches cheek, placing her bags down on the wooden floor. Maybe she should've installed an air conditioner, or perhaps a fan. At least they had a working bathroom, all thanks to Cordelia.

"Well i'm gonna go say hi to Stevie. Wanna come?" Misty asks, her shoes already discarded. Cordelia cringed at the thought of her feet getting dirty in the mud. They were entirely different people, but built off of the same blueprint. They liked all the same things, but Cordelia was more of a clean, indoors person. Misty, however, loves to be soaked in the sun, covered in dirt.

"Stevie?"

"That's right you never met each other before. My alligator." Misty Day was already halfway out of the door. She knew Stevie would be thrilled to see her after all these years.

"Oh. Misty, I don't- I don't do wild animals like that." She also doesn't do the summer sun. She supposes, she must already have a sunburn in the fifteen minutes that it took from the car to Misty's shack. Her skin was burning.

"She ain't a wild animal. She's my little Stevie, and she ain't gonna hurt ya." Misty gripped Cordelia's wrists. There was no getting out of this. Maybe she should've taken a plane to Hawaii while Misty was sleeping. "And ya gonna see a lot of alligators this weekend anyways. Just dont talk bad about them and they'll like ya if they know ya with me."

"Talk bad?" Misty didn't answer. She was too occupied pulling Cordelia out of the shack. alligators can't understand them. Can they? Misty had the older woman questioning everything.

The sun burned down on Cordelia's legs and shoulders as she walked closer towards the swampy waters. She could not recall the last time she wore shorts besides to sleep. She didn't have to when she mostly spent her days in the ice cold academy.

Her palms grew increasingly sweaty in Misty's hands, but the swamp queen seemed to be immune to this heat. Although Cordelia couldn't pin point if she was sweating from the heat, or the nerves considering that there were millions of wild animals surrounding them. Some hiding where she couldn't even see them.

"Misty, baby, I love your love for animals but this does not seem safe." She dug her shoes further into the dirt, hoping to slower the walk, and give Misty a chance to change her mind. But she didn't.

"I spent years here, darlin. If it wasn't safe, I would've known by now."

Cordelia chewed on her lower lip, the skin there becoming swollen from it becoming a habit. "You can bring yourself back to life though," argued the supreme.