'tis the season - lana winters

summary: christmas shopping can be dreadful but when you're with your beloved girlfriend, she can make it worth the while.

warnings: none

word count: 1355

.   .   .

It was that time of the year where the stores were packed and the traffic was brutal. That's why, every year you avoided this and just had Lana do the Christmas shopping while you would go to a nearby store and pick Lana up a little something special. She never minded it, in fact, she offered to do the big shopping. Although, this year was different.

Your girlfriend had been working a lot the past few weeks and you felt awful having her do all that shopping alone. So, you you decided to join her. Did you regret it when you saw the lines of people from each of the shops out to the street? Yes. But you also knew it was worth it that Lana wasn't going to be all alone this year.

"First we have to get Thomas and Julia presents" Lana said, her eyes glued to a piece of paper that had a list of names she had to buy for. You followed her into a toy store -it was so packed that everyone was almost shoulder to shoulder, parents desperate to find their kids Christmas gifts.

You knew that you were both going to be in there for a while and not because the line was out to the door but because Lana spoils those kids rotten.

"I'm thinking that we should get Julia some trucks and Thomas dolls -Jude always had them switch toys. She gave Julia trucks so 'she would grow up tough'" The brunette looked down, smiling at the thought for a brief second before getting pulled back into reality by the sound of a child screaming. Yup, it was definitely Christmas time.

"What about this?" you asked, pointing towards a huge truck, the only one that was left actually. "Oh that's perfect, she'll love it!" you grabbed it, almost breaking your arms because of how heavy it was. You never remember your toys being that heavy when you were a child.

You placed it in the cart and both began walking towards the dolls section. After picking one out, you were both walking towards the register when Lana abruptly stopped.

It was the game isle that you were both walking past and Lana had clearly spotted something. "We have to get the kids this. I heard Thomas and Julia going on about it..." She trailed off. Your bank account that you and Lana shared was definitely going to be empty buy the end of the day. "I hope you know that Kit is going to lose his mind" You chuckled at the thought. Whenever you and Lana popped by with a special gift or treat for the kids, Kit would always say they had enough. They did, but it was awfully fun to spoil them.

"It's Christmas though!" without another thought or word shared, there was another toy in the cart. You honestly had no idea what it even did but it was clearly popular by the way that it was low in stock.

"Do you think this is enough for them?" She said as you both stood in the line to checkout -in fact, a very long line.-

You giggled at your girlfriend, her love for the kids made your heart warm. "Lana baby, i think that's enough. You know they would appreciate if you gave them a single apple for Christmas."

She bit the inside of her cheek, trying to fight the battle inside her head that told her that this wasn't enough. "One more thing." Before you could even say anything, she handed you the cart and ran off.

A few minutes went by and you couldn't lie, you were getting quite nervous because you were almost at the front of the line and Lana had yet to get back. You didn't want to pay without her if she was going to be coming back with more stuff but you also didn't want to step out of line knowing just how long it would take it get back to the front.

Though, just as you were about to step out, Lana had came running back with more than one thing in her hand. You weren't surprised though.

"Oh my god Lana" she gave you a guilty smile before throwing the goods in the cart.

Thirty minutes and two hundred dollars later, you were finally out of that store. And then it hit you that you've only bought for two people in the amount of time you've been here.

"I have to get your gift so why don't you get mine while I get yours?" she spoke loudly since the Christmas music and everyone's chatters made it impossible for you to even hear yourself.

"Who said i was getting you a gift?" she looked at you shocked for a moment, almost looking as if you just cursed her out. Not that she was being greedy or anything but that it wasn't really like you.

"I'm kidding! Of course i'm getting you something" you let out a belly laugh as the brunette took a breath and punched your shoulder. "That's a great idea. We'll meet back alright?" you said and she nodded, placing a lingering kiss on your lips.

"Don't get lost!" you heard Lana yell to you just as you were walking away. "I'll try not to!"

You already knew what you were going to get Lana. In fact, you've knew for awhile know. It's something that takes a lot of thinking out but each time you were around Lana, you knew that this Christmas present was something you really wanted to get her.

You were going to get her a ring. You were going to propose to Lana on Christmas morning.

You wanted to the ring to be nothing less than perfect. It was Lana, your girlfriend, the most loving woman you've ever met so of course you have to get her something exceptional.

It wasn't going to be easy, that you knew. You were picky, especially when it came to gifts and all of that.

And as your eyes gazed on all the rings in the stand, surrounded by glass, you just couldn't find one that caught your eye.

"Need help with anything?" a worker approached you. "Um yes, i'm looking for a ring for my gir-partner. To propose" you quickly caught yourself, you knew that there were still a lot of people that weren't very accepting.

"Well I can bring you to our hottest sellers. May I ask, do you have a budget?"

You bit your lip, hesitant to answer "no, i don't have a budget." Lana was the one spend, you on the other hand were not but if it meant that you got to see a big smile on your girlfriends face, you would give them every penny you had. "Alright, well then follow me this way."

With a few minutes of looking around their most popular ones, your eyes finally landed on just the thing.

It was a diamond ring, casual but it definitely made a statement and screamed Lana. You almost choked when you saw the price. You were definitely going to go poor but was it worth it? Hopefully.

After over an hour, you had finally met back at your spot where Lana was. "What did you get me?" was the first thing she had asked. You weren't surprised "well why would I tell you what I got you, silly?" she groaned, dropping her bags to the ground.

"Oh don't be dramatic. You'll be glad you waited once you see what it is." Before you could see the look on her face, you placed you lips on her own. Like the first kiss all over again. After everything that has happened, Lana wasn't really for PDA but you were in a little corner where anyone hardly walked and for you, she could make an exception.

"Merry Christmas beautiful" you watched her cheeks turn scarlet and almost melt under your intense gaze "merry Christmas sweetheart."