one plus two equals us - foxxay

requested by anon on tumblr: one where Misty has a daughter. When they go to the coven, Misty and Cordelia obviously fall in love, and then Cordelia becomes her stepmom? And just something about the three being a little family unit and the daughter having to adjust to having two parents?

warning: slight mention of abuse, mention of forced marriage.

word count: 12833

.   .   .

Cordelia finally let herself sit down with a sigh. She opened her book, and began reading, feeling an unfamiliar feeling of peace, for once.

This week had been stressful. With silly cat fights from some of the girls, curtains being set on fire, and the warlocks doing no less than to bother her. She finally finished all her paper work, and the girls were out enjoying their Saturday. So she was going to enjoy hers too.

She got through a whole chapter of her book, and then she heard the doorbell ring.

She grunted, figuring it was one of the girls.

She gave them all a key for a reason, and told them to never leave unless they were sure that they had it on them. It was incase there was to be an emergency, and Cordelia wasn't able to open the door for them.

She walked down the stairs, her feet aching from from the high heels she had been wearing all day. And when she opened the door, she was expecting one of the girls to leave a snarky 'took you long enough' comment.

Her eyes were closed, getting ready to compose herself.

But when she heard nothing, she opened them back up, and boy, was she surprised to see two new faces at the door.

A woman, maybe late twenties, early thirties, stood there with a young child on her hip. They were both blonde, and had matching blue eyes. The older woman stood there, and look almost bewildered to see another human before her.

She figured the young girl was around four or five. She had big wild curls like -what Cordelia figured to be- her mother's, and her small thumb rested in her mouth.

"Hey, uh, this is a school for witches, right?" The woman asked. She had a thick Louisiana accent to her voice.

"Yes, Miss Robichaux Academy. It sure is. Are you...looking to apply?" Cordelia questions, curiously. Most of the girls didn't just show up, they would call first. And most of them didn't show up with a little girl by their side.

"Well uh, ya see" the curly haired woman nervously rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. She noticed, the little girl held on extremely tight to what appeared to be her mother. She look somewhat scared of Cordelia, of another human being. "We've been livin' out at the swamps. It was goin' all fine and dandy until some witch hunter showed up at my door with some big ol' gun. I didn't grab anything, just ma daughter and then I ran."

"Oh my god. Are you okay? Is- is your daughter okay?" They didn't show any signs of injury, but Cordelia still felt the need to check, to worry.

"Nah, we're fine. I'm fine. April over here, is just a lil nervous, but in her defense, she ain't ever really been around another person besides me before, ain't ever witness a gun either" The woman breathed in deeply. "The thing is, I ran into one of ya students once. She told me about this place. How I should consider it. Never really did until now. We ain't got nowhere to go after that witch hunter destroyed our home."

As the young woman walked closer into the house with Cordelia's permission, the young girl hid her face into her mothers chest. April, Cordelia caught it. That was the little girls name.