this christmas, i gave you my heart - billie dean howard

summary: your best friend, billie, hosts her annual christmas party although she later gives you a present that keeps on giving/feelings are revealing.

warnings: none

word count: 1634

.   .   .

You looked at yourself one last time in the mirror. You were going to Billie Dean Howard's party so of course you had to look perfect, specifically perfect for Billie.

Being Billie's best friend for years, you've come to realize that you may like her more than a friend. You always wonder if she feels the same whenever she holds you when your upset or holds your hand without realizing it. Maybe she does those things to only you because the closest relationship she has is with you. Or, maybe she's trying to tell you she loves you without exactly telling you and you're just oblivious.

You picked up Billies Christmas gift and made your way to her house. You were always nervous when attending parties, especially big ones like Billie's. What made it even worse was how anxious you get around the medium. These nerves for her only started up a year after being friends with Billie and you couldn't even count all the years on your fingers that you've know her.

____

When you arrived at the mediums house, there were already many people already. Your heart began to race, you could actually hear it in your silent car. You wiped your sweaty palms against the outside of your thighs and took a deep breath before exiting your car.

You took your time to walk up to her door, doing all that you could to stall. You only knew Billie, you didn't know even one of her friends other than her makeup artist that she became close with.

You walked right in and as expected, her house was packed. You could see over the huge crowd and had no clue where Billie was. All you had to do was get to Billie and you'll soon feel somewhat at ease.

You walked through the large crowd, apologizing when someone bumps into you. You checked the living room. backyard, kitchen, and she was nowhere to be found, so eventually, you made your way to the upstairs living room and that's where you saw the blonde beauty, talking with someone who you couldn't quite put a name to.

She looked over at you, finally meeting your eyes. A smile graced her lips as she excused herself from her conversation and walked over towards you.

"Hey darling!" The pet names she uses for you always makes you freeze in your tracks and before you could respond, she had wrapped her arms around you into a hug as if you haven't seen her in years. "Hi Billie" you giggle against her neck after inhaling her sweet scent that always comforts you, that smells like home.

"Oh, i've missed you so much" Billie said.

"Billie, it's only been a week" you casually played with the strings of your gift bag, nervously. The fact that she couldn't go a week without seeing you just made you feel some sort of way.

"Oh and this is for you" you said, handing her the present with your slightly trembling hands. Why is she making you so nervous right now?

"Oh sweetheart, thank you" she smiled, showing her pearly whites that shined under the light. "I actually have a gift for you as well but I would like to give it to you in private" she grab your hand and led you up into her room, closing the door to give you both privacy and to muffle the loud sound of jingle bells playing.

You stood awkwardly in the middle of her room, you were acting weird and it was clear. You've been in Billies room many times, heck you even slept in her bed with her.