love grows where my tindall goes - audrey tindall

requested by cordeliaspaulson on tumblr: "reader is horrible at social interaction and is really shy but Audrey is the only person she's fully comfortable with and only feels like she can be herself around Aud"

warnings: none

word count: 1025

.   .   .

"There they are y/n!" Audrey nudged your shoulder, entirely disregarding what you've been saying. "There are who? What are you talking about" you tried to spot who she was awfully motioning her head to, but everyone looked the same; fancy dresses, sophisticated faces, and fancy hair.

"The casting directors for y/f/m! I want you to meet them. You love that movie!" Loved that movie? You make Audrey watch it every. single. night. with you.

Before you could argue, Audrey already grabbed your arm and began to drag you to them. They were entirely across the room yet it felt like they were right in front of you. It was like you could feel their breath on your face. You could hear their voices directly in your ear. And their judging eyes burning your skin.

"Aud!" you whisper-yelled. It was loud enough in this crowd for absolutely no one to hear you but still, you couldn't bring your voice above a whisper. You didn't want to draw any attention to you both.

You knew Audrey wouldn't mind. In fact, she would love all the attention so twitter would be gushing over her and her girlfriend for the entire night.

As for you, you wanted to curl up into a little ball and hide in a hole in the middle of nowhere.

"No. Nope nope nope. You are breaking out of your shell, miss y/n." Audrey said, pushing you through the crowd.

She looked like she was kidnapping you.

"Audrey! People are staring at us!" You tried to rip your arm away but Audrey's grip was too tight. You don't remember her being this strong.

Either it was the flashing lights overwhelming you or everyone jumping around -and bumping into you- but you managed to pull away. Must've been the urge get away being so strong that strength sparked in you.

"Y/nnnn!" Audrey dragged as she chased after you. She was quick but with all the people blocking her view once you slipped by them, it made it impossible for her to catch up.

She didn't need to see you to know where you were going. She followed the invisible string that the universe connected to you both.

She slowly entered the restroom. It was empty as it was the furtherest one which drunk people do not want to walk to.

"Y/n, my love?" Audrey called. She heard a familiar sniffle and followed it.

Of course, you were in the last stall.

You didn't want to hide from Audrey. In fact, she's all you wanted right now.

"In here" you mumbled. You didn't know if there was someone in another stall and you didn't want to make a fool out of yourself. Just like you always do when you talk to people. And having a famous girlfriend, it made it nearly impossible to slip your way out of social interactions.

The stall door slowly opened. Audrey didn't wait for it to fully open, she needed to get to you.

"What's wrong?" Audrey kneeled down but wouldn't dare to sit on the floor. As for you, you regretted sitting on the toilet with your dress that Audrey had bought you specifically for this night

"Aud, I can't do it. I can't do all this. I'm not made for it" you said. You waited a brief second so you could catch up to your breath. It was running further away from you the more you spoke. "I'm not like you! I can't be loud and funny because i'm too afraid to even say hi to someone. You don't deserve me. You deserve someone who you can show off and know that they won't make you and themselves look like fools."

"You're right; you're not made for it" Audrey said. You weren't expecting that. You shifted uncomfortably in your seat, even. "But that doesn't make you any less deserving of my love"

As if you weren't crying already, you were nearly sobbing from Audrey's words.

"That doesn't mean anything bad either. Maybe you can't talk to these random people that you'll never see again but that's not important. You want to know why?"

"Why?" You asked.

"Because when it comes down to it, it's just you and I at the end of the day. When you are being your goofy self and you won't shut up -even though sometimes I would love it if you would when i'm trying to sleep" Audrey said. You both chuckled.

"But I wouldn't trade it for anyone. Not even the world. I don't want someone who acts all sophisticated and fancy. I want you. My shy, quiet y/n who gets all jittery and nervous around anyone who's not her girlfriend."

Audrey place her warm palm on your cheek. She delicately wiped away your tears with a swift motion of her thumb. "God, Audrey. I love you so much" You exclaimed. You took her face in both of your hands, looking at her straight in the eyes. "You mean the world to me. I would just be a sad silent woman without you."

You both laughed but then silence settled.

A brief second went by before you were met with Audrey's lips. At this point in the relationship, neither of you ever know who's the one to lean in first. It just happens.

Your heart felt overwhelmingly warm, as if lava was boiling in you. You were feeling as if you were a withered flower all night. But, with Audrey's care and love, you would always grow and flourish once again.

"How about you say we ditch this party and grab whatever you American's like to call take out. Ihop? Mcdonald's?"

"Oh Audrey" you teasingly rolled you eyes but became serious a moment later "I would love nothing more." And you did nothing more than that. But that was enough for you both. It was better than any celebrity party.