she could never kill a fly (but she could kill her wife) - ally mayfair-richards

requested on tumblr: "Lie to me. I don't care what you say, just lie to me. Make me feel okay again." With Ally

summary: you finally found out the real truth of how your girlfriends ex-wife died. now you're afraid of someone who you trusted with your life.

word count: 1743

.   .   .

Ally Mayfair-Richards was someone you could always trust. Someone you always felt safe with. She's a woman that you see and public and just know that she could never even hurt a fly. Even yourself who has been living with her for the past two years, dating her and seeing the ups and the downs, knew that she didn't have it in her to hurt absolutely anybody.

You knew what happened in Ally's past; the cult, her wife. You knew all about that before you even started dating her. Still, she insisted that she didn't kill her wife. And you believed her. She never gave you a reason not to.

Until one night you and Ally were cooking dinner together. She was a great chef. You on the other hand could use some practice. So, she was teaching you how to make a simple pasta dish.

"Im going to call Oz down for dinner. Can you just add some spices to the sauce, honey?" she asked, removing her apron.

You just nodded and started searching for the perfect spice while Ally was gone. Honestly, you didn't know how any of them actually tasted so you blindly picked one out of the bunch.

Until your eye caught a bottle that definitely did not contain spice. Rather liquid of some sort.

You picked it up and searched for the label, curious as to what it could be. And then you read it.

Arsenic.

Your body had completely shut down that this moment. Why on earth would she have arsenic? What could she be using that for? Was it to poison...no, she said she would never hurt you.

"He'll be down in a second, i'm letting him finish up his game." You immediately jumped at the voice. Spinning around, you hide your hands that held the arsenic bottle behind your back. Fear was written all over your face and Ally was reading it nice and clear.

She would've thought that she just startled you if you didn't continue to stand there like a scared puppy. "What wrong, sweetheart" she moved closer to you.

"Nothing" you tried to fake a smile but it made the fear on your face look worse. "Y/n...What's behind your back?" she moved slow and cautious because for all she knows, you could have a wild animal behind there.

"Nothing" your words almost got trapped behind the lump in your throat. You had to take a gulp or otherwise, you would've began to panic.

You stood there. Frozen. And so she used that as an advantage to remove your hands from your back. You let her because you felt...stuck.

When she saw what you were holding. Something that she had thought she'd throw away, her heart completely fell to the floor. How could she possibly explain this. Explain this to someone who was the only person who made them feel safe in this big, scary world.

"It's not...-where did you find this?"

"Ally! Why do you have this?" You couldn't fight the tears that started to dance down your face. You felt like you couldn't even move to wipe them away, either.

"Honey, relax" she tried to shush you. Only because she didn't want Oz to be afraid of his mother as well. She wanted to keep this dark secret from him...and you.

"No Ally, how can I relax when you have POSION in the fucking spice rack" she cringed as you voice had most definitely echoed through the house.

You both turned your heads when hearing small footsteps enter the kitchen. Oz stood there, his toy tightly clutched to his chest.