so this is love - ally mayfair-richards

summary: you come back home all banged up on night but luckily ally is there to fix you right up.

note: i wrote this one before with ally but i wanted to rewrite it!

warnings: blood, mention of injury's, assault.

word count: 1103

.   .   .

As you walked into your silent house, you tried to stifle your groan as you felt a shooting pain through your body. It didn't help that the house was pitch dark but there was no way that you could even lift your arm up to hit the light switch and either way, you didn't want to wake Ally up so walking in the dark was going to have to do.

You wouldn't be about to hide the big bruise that was forming around your eye or the scratches that could be found all around your body but you sure as hell weren't going to scare the living shit out of your girlfriend by showing her your bloody appearance.

You tried to make it up the stairs but you have yet to even make it up the first step and your legs were already turning into jelly. "Y/n?" you heard Ally's sleepy voice echo through the halls. If you weren't already hurt, you would punch yourself for waking her up.

"Uh yeah i'll be right up" for a moment the house went silent and you were sure that, that got her back to bed but when your heard the tap of her feet on the stairs, you knew you were screwed.

But of course Ally couldn't ignore the shakiness in your voice, she could feel in her gut that something was wrong so of course she had to investigate.

Each step she took down the stairs just made your heart speed up faster to the point where it almost made you forget about the pain. You weren't scared that she would be mad or any of the sort, you just didn't want her to be freaked out or worry about you. The last thing you want to do is put all this on her plate.

"Y/n, are you alright" her foot hit the last stair and you almost choked on your dry throat. You could only hum in response at this point.

"Oh my god" Ally said once she turned on the light "Y/n" the fear on both of your faces made you both look like you saw a ghost. "What happened?" she rushed towards you with wide eyes. Tears began to form in your eyes and as they rolled down your face, they burned.

"I'm sorry. I should've kept my mouth shut but he just pissed me off so much" you began sobbing, only making the throbbing in your head worse. "Shhh, baby slow down, start from the beginning" she gently ran her fingers through your hair, carefully not to hurt you even more.

"At the store there was someone guy and apparently he recognized me from you and he doesn't agree with what you say so he said some words and then i said some words and then next thing i knew, punches were being thrown" you explained.

"Who punched first?" She asked and you looked down, not wanting to tell her and make her even more angry than she already was "Y/n, who punched first?" this time her voice was stern and you couldn't ignore her question "him."

You swore that you saw smoke begin to come out of her ears "I'm going to get that man arrested" you shook your head quickly "no Ally please, i don't want to make him more angry at you and clearly me" you knew that Ally being the senator, she had that power and could easily get him arrested. "Y/n, he hurt you."

"Please Ally" you said and she sighed "we'll talk about it in the morning but right now i want to get you cleaned up" you hated being the reason to keep her up when it was so late but you couldn't even say anything before she was leading you up the stairs, holding you tightly so this time, you could successfully make your way up.
-
"This is going to burn so you can squeeze my hand if you need to." With clenched teeth, you grabbed on to her free hand as she placed the cloth -soaked with rubbing alcohol- on the big cut on your face. "Fuck" you squeeze her hand tightly as the pain worsened.

"I know, i'm sorry, i hate hurting you but i don't want it to get infected" she said with a pout on her face "it's okay" your toes curled from the burning sensation that was now on your forehead.

As she examined each cut and bruise, you could see her only get even more angry but trying to hold herself back. Not at you, but at who did this to you.

"There you are sweetheart" she looked back up with a smile, sighing to try and brush away the anger for tonight. "Thanks" you looked down, ashamed and slightly nervous that she really was mad at you for letting that comment get to you and probably ruining her reputation.

"Hey look at me baby" she gently grabbed your chin so you were face to face "what's wrong" she could read you like a book "are you mad at me?" you questioned "now why would i be mad at you honey? You're not in the wrong."

"Just promise me you won't get in another fight. I can't be kissing broke lips" you roll your eyes at her comment but you couldn't help but smile at her "i promise" you pecked her cheek before hoping off the counter with the help of her. "I'm gonna take a shower" you said, looking down at your blood covered clothes. It was worse than you thought.

"Alright love" she was about to walk out before you called out for her again "can you come in with me" you didn't know where this clinginess came from all of a sudden but you body was starting to ache and you just wanted Ally.

"Of course."
-
The steam from the hot water filled the room making you feel just a little bit better but having Ally with you made you feel a lot better. "Ally thank you for being so sweet to me" you said as she kissed your back before turning you towards her "I should be saying that to you, y/n" she ran her fingers so delicately through your hair. So this is love, you thought as her lips pressed against yours.