flames and roses - cordelia goode

request: "could you do like a cordelia taking care of you one shot?🥰"

summary: after teaching so many classes at the academy, it starts to weigh on you and cordelia notices.

warnings: none

word count: 1382

.   .   .

There were so many classes, so many papers to grade, so many students, and so many responsibilities. Cordelia counted on me to make sure her students were getting all the learning, skills, and knowledge they need to become powerful young witches. She put so much trust in me and every day it just felt like i was letting her down, more and more.

"Hey sweetheart" The supreme walked into our shared bedroom where i was slouched over papers that i was supposed to be grading but it seems that i've just been looking over the same line over and over again. "Hey" I answered, my voice coming out rather deeper than anticipated. "You alright?" She ran her fingers though my hair as i looked up at her, meeting her eyes that were so full of life and energy and i wondered if they always looked that way, even before she rose as the supreme.

"I'm just tired but i'm fine" She sighed, pulling a chair beside me "take a break" she spoke, staring right at me although my attention was back on to the papers "no i have to grade these. My class is so behind and i just..." I trailed off, throwing my head down on to the table which would definitely leave a bruised later. "I'm sure they'll understand y/n. You're wearing yourself out and it's not healthy" her hand ran up and down my back in a calming manner and i just stayed silent, not knowing what to totally say to that because i knew she was right, she was always right.

"Take a little while to relax for me" She leaned forward, kissing my temple "later" I said and she sighed at that, causing me to look over at her "later. I promise." Half of her didn't believe me, she knew time would pass and i would still be sitting here, hunched over hours of work, but still, she accepted it and let it go, not wanting to push too much. "Alright. I'll come check on you later, i love you" She pecked my lips "love you too" I smiled at her before she disappeared out of the room.

for a second, everything felt okay again. That was until it processed in my mind that i was alone again. Alone with my thoughts, alone with these papers. I knew Cordelia wasn't let down by me, especially after how she just treated me, but still my brain told me differently, it told me she was, it told me she thought i was one of the worse teachers this academy has had.

Time had passed and i only looked up at the sound of someone clearing their throat. My head throbbed a bit from my eyes staring down at a million words for however long i was. "You skipped dinner" I looked out the window only to be shocked to see the sun down, stars already filling up the sky. "I'm sorry i just" I trailed off but luckily, Cordelia saved me "you lost track of time. I know" She walked towards me, turning a lamp on, on her way.

"How about we wrap it up for the night, what do you say?" She moved my hair away from my neck, replacing it with a kiss "just-" The supreme quickly cut me off, already knowing what was going to come out of my mouth "nope, i'm not letting you do anymore work tonight." Before i could debate with her, she already began to neatly put away the papers, placing them in a little drawer.

"I'm going to go run you a hot bath and i'm telling you y/n, i don't want to come back out to see you with those papers again" She said, trying to walk away into the bathroom, but before she could, i grabbed her wrist. She turned back, looking at me with a confused expression "i'm so behind, you need to let me finish" My eyes became glassy and the tears were just threatening to pour out "y/n" She sighed, not from annoyance but sadness "please Cordelia, you don't understand. Im letting everyone down and most importantly you but it's just so hard, there's so many classes and work and i'm just such a terrible teacher and..." I stopped talking, watching as she kneeled down so we were eye level. By now my tears were pouring down my face.

"You have never let me down, you have never let the girls down. They love and adore you and so do I, y/n. I understand things can get too much some times, they do for me too but that doesn't mean you're terrible, it means you're human" She cupped my cheek, her soft fingers wiping away my hot tears "I want you to know, you can always come to me if you feel that way. I'll never judge you or be disappointed" I nodded, sniffling "I can have Zoe take over one of your classes if you'd like, i'm sure she'd be happy to." My heart began to feel warm and fuzzy at Cordelias kind words. Of course i knew she couldn't be disappointed but my brain told me differently. I loved Cordelia too much to have her realize i can't hold down all the things she gives me. I loved her so much that i was scared to show her my weak side.

"I love you so much" I sobbed, letting myself fall into her arms. "I love you too, sweet girl" she placed her head on top of mine while my head was laid on her chest, feeling as it rose and fell with every breath she took. "My head is throbbing and my eyes hurts" I spoke up, disrupting the silence only getting a slight chuckle out of the supreme "i bet. Let me run you a hot bath and get you some pain killers, aright?" I nodded, sliding off of her and suddenly feel cold and alone again without my lovers touch.

I followed her into the bathroom, taking a seat on top of the sink counter and watched as Cordelia went away with the bath, every now and then checking to make sure the waters just the right temperature and adding some essential oils to it.

"Here sweetheart, take this" she put her hand in front of me that held a small white painkiller. Trusting her, I took no hesitation, swallowing it along with a gulp of water. "Thanks Delia" I said, grabbing her hand and delicately brushing my thumb over the top of it. "I don't deserve you" The supreme shook her head, her soft blonde hair swaying with the movement "no no no, i don't deserve you" She said, walking back over to the tub, turning off the water while the steam already could reach me from across the room.

She offered her hand that i took, helping me into the bath. It was hot, but felt nice but there was one thing missing that kept the hot bath cold. "Delia" She nodded, encouraging me to continue "Can you come in? I don't want to be alone." A small smile crept on the side of her mouth like she was waiting for me to ask but didn't want to push any boundaries. "Of course."

It was only a matter of time before i was in Cordelia arms again, the warmth of her body keeping me even more warm than the water did. Her hands ran through my damp hair soothingly, while my head laid on her chest, listening to her heartbeats in the silent room. My eyes slowly began to feel heavy but i continued to keep them open, fluttering them ever few seconds when they fell shut for just a moment too long. Cordelia began to catch on to this "It's okay, get some rest my love" She leaned down, placing a kiss on the top of my head and suddenly it wasn't my eyes fluttering anymore but it was my heart. "I love you" I mumbled sleepily "i love you too."