the only heaven i'll be sent to, is when i'm alone with you - foxxay

summary: with misty struggling with internal homophobia from her past, she finds it hard to understand her feelings towards cordelia. one night, madison sets misty off so much that she is forced to reveal not only her feelings, but her dark past as well.

warnings: internal homophobia, mention of homophobic parents.

word count: 1869

.   .   .

It wasn't often that Misty liked to look back on her past. She really never had a reason to when she lived at the swamp. Though, with so many people around her now, it made it hard to avoid. Along with the supreme who had confused her greatly. It's like Cordelia had taken her thoughts, her forced feelings, and replaced them while she wasn't looking.

Misty's mother had told her that she was a sinner, when she found out about Misty's sexuality. She sent her to church to pray all of her feelings away. She remembers kneeling down on beside her bed every night, hands clasped together and crying because it wasn't working. Well of course it wasn't working, it wasn't a sin and Misty had nobody to tell her that.

She worked so hard to get where she was now, or so she told herself. Hiding away her true feelings with just an 'i'm not interested in dating anyone' whenever Madison would question her. It always made her face burn up and her hands begin to sweat because it was only partially true. Misty wasn't interested in dating anyone unless it was Cordelia.

But that was wrong so Misty either had to find a man or live lonely the rest of her life, or so she thought.
                                         ____

The girls never really made a huge effort to hang out with Misty, especially Madison. That's why it confused the curly blonde as to why Madison stood at her bedroom door, seven o'clock at night, asking if she wanted to 'hang in her room with her and the girls.'

She had nothing better to do so why decline the offer when they finally wanted to hang out with her, or better yet, Madison was finally being somewhat nice.

Trailing behind the movie star, she had finally made it to Madison's room that was shared with Zoe.

The girls, consisting of Zoe, Queenie, Mallory, And Coco were all sat in a circle on the floor. "Are we doin' a spell or..." the cajun questioned.

Madison chuckled at her, joining the circle by sitting beside Zoe. "No, we're playing truth or dare" Madison stated truthfully. Something was up, Misty could, of course, sensed it. Madison was up to something but she just took a seat next to Queenie; she trusted her that she wouldn't let Madison do anything to seriously harm her.

Although Misty could beat Madison up as she proved in the past, Madison has also killed Misty so she honestly didn't feel completely safe around her.

A few rounds went by and Misty started to loosen up. She hadn't gotten anything truth or dares that took it too extreme but that's also because Madison wasn't the one to give them to her.

"Swampy, truth or dare" Madison queried. Now the room had fallen under completely silence, it's like they knew what she was going to ask. "Truth..." Misty replied hesitantly.

"Is it true that you like Cordy?" with a smirk plastered on Madison's face, she knew what she was doing.

"W-what no? That's...that's wrong" Misty's heart began to race and she hoped that someone would speak up and end this once and for all but they were all too afraid of Madison. "Oh please" Madison scoffed "none of us care that you're dating the supreme."

"No, it's wrong because she's a woman."

"Swampy's homophobic? That's new" Tears we're brewing in Misty's eyes, just waiting to spill. "No no i'm not-" the cajun was cut short, but thank god because she would've just made a fool of herself. "-Is it's so wrong Misty?" Madison questioned, before she could even shake her head, Madison grabbed Zoe's face and deeply kissed her.