raining on lovers street - diane sherman

summary: your car breaks down, you have no service, it's pouring rain, and the closest house nearby is your 'friend' diane's.

warnings: none

word count: 3730

.   .   .

You weren't one to have bad luck. You were good to the universe, and it was good right back to you. That's why, when your car broke down in the middle of a frightening, dark street, you figured that it had to be some serious karma. Especially when there was a storm roaming outside of your car doors.

This was your route home from work every night. It was always an empty street, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so it got you home faster than the highway.

Tonight though, your car decided that it would rather shut down than take you home. Luckily, you could pull over to the side of the road before it completely broke down.

That only intensified your fear of the dark woods beside you. This road, as many times as you drove by it, always spooked you. It was not very appealing at night, as it was surrounded by a deep, dark woods.

That's why, you couldn't believe it when you first ever saw that your dear friend, Diane Sherman lived down here.

It was a secluded area, and didn't look very friend for just a woman and her daughter.

And that's also why you found yourself getting out of your car, and walking down the street towards her house once you found out that you had no service. You figured you wouldn't.

You walked quickly, for many reasons. Multiple being, you didn't want to get struck by lightning, the cold rain was soaking your clothes through and through, and you were absolutely terrified.

That's why, you knocked on Diane's door as loud as you could, not even thinking that she could be asleep or in the shower. You were just so desperate for her right now.

Diane's sitting on the couch when she hears a knock. It's abrupt, to anyone else, but to her, it slowly drifts into the room. It's loud, and it goes on for a few more moments.

She gets up, and cautiously approaches the door. She isn't expecting visitors. She never really does anymore since Chloe had gone off to college.

There's another knock when she asks, "Who is it?" The knock shakes the entire doorframe, and the frantic first against it startles Diane.

"It's me, y/n" comes your shaky response. You don't know if you're shaken up from the cold, or the fear, but either way, you look as if you had just walked around the entire continent of Antartica.

Diane hastily unlocks the door, she swings it open, and when she meets eye to eye with you, she straightens herself up. Your clothes are wet to the point where she wonders if you were swimming in a deep puddle. Your hair is beginning to get tangled, and the color draining from your face is suggesting that you are must not be okay.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" She says, but then moves out of the way so you can walk in "come in, I don't want you to catch a cold."

You are violently shivering. It doesn't help that the heater in your car hadn't worked either. You've been freezing the entire drive, and this had only intensified it.

You don't answer at first, because the warmth of her house is all you can think about at first. Her door closes, and you hear it lock. You suddenly don't feel so afraid anymore.

"Y/n?" The older woman asks again, she realizes that she's trying to snap you out of your daydream.

"Yes sorry. I'm sorry. My car just broke down right down the road from here. I have no service and you were the closet nearby."