the good deed - tb karen

summary: you take karen in after finding her sleeping on the streets. you've seen her around town as a crazy women but she's not as crazy as you think.

warnings: none

word count: 1905

.   .   .

The roads were dark as you began to drive home from work. It only made it worse that some of the streets lights were out which you've assumed was from loss of power from the snowstorms that have been occurring lately. The roads were empty as well. Everyone was already tucked nicely in their bed because who would want to be outside this late at night? Especially in this town.

You were only a few minutes away from your house when you looked over to the sidewalk seeing a figure laying on the ground. You shouldn't have pulled over but your curiosity got the best of you and you did.

You looked a bit closer and your heart broke seeing a women laying on the sidewalk, snuggled into a big coat to keep herself warm albeit, her shivering figure indicated that it wasn't working well.

You spotted pink hair poking out of her grey beanie. You knew that hair from anywhere. Karen was someone you've ran into on multiple occasions whether you were just simply grocery shopping or going from a run. And more times than not she'll scream at you to leave the town and tell you that you'll regret it if you don't. Of course you try not to judge her though. She already has it hard enough living on the streets and probably many other people treat her terribly.

But apart of you knew she wasn't just some crazy lady. Weird things do happen in this town, you will admit but you weren't going to let someone who was screaming in your face run you out of where you live. So yeah, maybe she was right, maybe some crazy shit has happened to her or other people in this town but you yourself have been perfectly fine living here all these years.

But now you sat in the car at almost ten at night, debating if you should really help this women. You sure did have a soft spot for people in need so you found yourself approaching her.

"Karen" You whispered, trying your best not to frighten her. As for her name, you knew from hearing the employee at the supermarket yelling at her to get out.

"Karen" You voice got slightly above a whisper the second time which was enough to startle her awake. She gasped and scooted back at seeing someone upon her and it made you wonder if she'd ever been attacked because of how nervous she got.

"I'm not gonna hurt you" You put on a soft smile that matched the tone of your voice. Her brown eyes quickly darted all around her surroundings to see if you were alone because she could fight you off but maybe not ten people. But once she realized she was safe, you could tell she relaxed by her body language, just not completely.

"I know you" She said, looking up at you with the most innocent eyes. That's when you kneeled you her level to make her feel more comfortable as she was still sitting on the ground. "I've seen you so many times" You nodded "And i told you to leave. Why didn't you listen? You'll regret it" She gradually became more aggressive like any other time you've encountered her but it didn't frighten you.

"I'm fine, i lived here for many years" You assured her before she quickly shook her head "the blood suckers. You're not safe." Deciding to just ignore what she said considering this has gotten you both nowhere, you moved on to what you originally approached her for. "Do you have any place to go to?" You asked although you knew the answer so it was no surprise when she shook her head. "It's cold out. Would you like to come with me" She coughed and you were hoping she didn't have anything catchy. "Why?" She seemed genuinely shocked that someone would actually help her "because you don't deserve this life and when i saw you, i couldn't just leave you here" She gave you a half smile albeit you could tell she was much happier than she appeared. "Do you have a warm house?" She asked and you chuckled at how excited she was, she looked like a child seeing all their gifts on christmas morning.