meet me under the moonlight - cordelia goode

summary: after your girlfriend has risen as the new supreme, you finally get a chance to relax with her in your special spot.

warnings: none

word count: 1641

.   .   .

And there she was, sitting on the balcony, under the moonlight, a blanket draped over her lap to block the cool breeze from hitting her skin. It wasn't the first place i thought she would be, her office was first, she spends most of her time in there doing boring paperwork.
Then the greenhouse, the greenhouse is where Cordelia and i spend her hours when she's not not in her office working.

The balcony wasn't a place in the academy where people would usually go. It was pretty and all, it had a nice view but the other girls never appreciate the views of this place, if they do go up here, they're most likely trying to watch a fight that occasionally would break out across the street or watching new neighbors move in which wasn't very often.

The balcony. It was also the place where Cordelia and i had our first kiss, as strange as it may sound for her, it's one of our places we always go to. Before Cordelia was the supreme, the both of us would run up here whenever that once in awhile came around where Fiona was actually home. We would come up here to avoid her, a place where Fiona wouldn't go. Or i would trick Cordelia into coming here because i hated when her mother would yell at her. She was just so fragile and i didn't like seeing her cry, even before we started dating, it always hurt me to see Cordelia like that, getting screamed at and talked down to like she was a child, so, i would bring Cordelia up here to protect her and hide her from the all mighty supreme. Soon she caught on but she wouldn't stop it, she liked it, she liked sneaking away with me. Then soon it turned into spending every night up here, even the nights where Fiona wasn't home. That's when it led to our kiss. It was quiet, the only sound was the crickets that ran across the yard. The moonlight would shine on her, the moonlight always looks so beautiful, glowing on her, she looked like she was from a drawing, a fairytale if you may.

The same night we had our first kiss, i whispered to her meet me under the moonlight, and she knew exactly where to go because the previous night i told her just how beautiful she looks under the moonlight. It was like our secret code name for it. I slipped away from dinner after releasing those words to her, not too long after, she met me just where i told her to.

But the past few months, since she became the supreme, it hasn't quiet been like those nights. She hasn't had time to come up here and i respect that, i know she wants to be the best version of herself, the best supreme this coven has had so i'll let her do her thing. I'll let her do her thing until it gets out of hand and every morning i wake with the feeling of empty bedsheets. They were warm from the body warmth of myself but it wasn't Cordelias warmth, it never was anymore, she had this sort of comforting, protecting feeling that i missed. Or when it gets out of hand and she's up every night in her office, falling asleep with her head laying on her desk, drool on the papers. I'll walk in on her like that. With a gentle shake she'll jump right up, back into work like she never fell asleep in the first place and most people won't notice how run down she is being the supreme and all but i can see the discolor under her eyes, the sparkle missing, so how many arguments, sighs, and bribes it takes, i'll get her to rest and relax.

"Hey" I said. She looked up at me with her bright smile at the sound of my voice, her top lip slightly slipped over the bottom one which i constantly remind her how i love when she does that, how adorable it is.

"Hey sweetheart" her voice was slightly deeper, huskier, than it is in the daytime. I joined her under the white fuzzy blanket that she had laid over her legs. Looking down at her lap, i noticed a book "whatcha reading?" She didn't have her reading glasses on so she must've been doing something else while sitting up here and i have a suspicion she was doing a lot of thinking.

"Just reading over a spell book" I could actually hear the anxiety in her voice. Maybe it was nicer than i thought to be a witch, you can figure people out better and i've come to conclusion that i'm very good at that. "What are you doing up here?" My voice softened, scared that if i hardened it, she would break down in tears, she just looked so small right now, like she would how a meltdown if you said one thing wrong. "Thinking" I could really read her like a book "It's been so stressful the past few months, i just needed to get away and relax" She looked off into the dark sky, the stars, while she was talking, then finishing by looking back at me.

I gave her a sad smile then per usual i grabbed her hand, my thumb brushing against the top of it, the same hand that's been doing countless hours of paper work. "I'm proud of you" she chuckled "no seriously i am, nobody ever thought, not even yourself, that you would become who you are today" She gave me a half smile "i mean i did, i always told you that" She chuckled again, her smiling turning full.

When i first came to the academy, non of the other girls were interested to even be my friend, but i didn't mind because instantly, Cordelia and I became great friends. Cordelia didn't have friends either until i came along due to her being older than the others girls, being their teacher, and being too much like a mom as they would put it. One night when we sat up here, i was only at the academy for around two weeks at that time, i asked her about the 'big and scary' supreme everyone was talking about, she told me everything, it turned into a long conversation, a life story about being the daughter of Fiona Goode, but i enjoyed listening to her speak. I remember asking her so does that mean you'll be the next supreme? pure glimmer in my eyes. no she would tell me, chuckling like it was a joke, like it was stupid thing to ask like she wasn't even a witch herself i'm not nearly as powerful enough i knew she was, from the moment i met her i could feel power radiating off of her, she was a natural born leader. I would try to tell her differently from what she believed, and it wasn't pity, i truly believed she could be the supreme.

"Two girls are dead" Said Cordelia. I sighed, shaking my head "They weren't your fault" She bit her bottom lip, i could tell she was trying to hold back her tears by the way she almost drew blood to her lip. "Misty didn't want to do it, i shouldn't have made her take the test" The cold wind blew harder, causing a shiver to go through my body "everyone had to do it" she looked deep into my eyes, i swear she could see my soul "no" it came out a little aggressive but i knew she didn't mean it "Misty came to me the night before the seven wonders and she" Cordelia sniffled, a few tears already trickling down her face "she told me she didn't want to do it and she didn't have a good feeling and i still made her do it...it is my fault" I wrapped my arms around the supreme and she instantly melted into my embrace. Her head was buried in my chest, her tears soaking my shirt. "Delia, we all thought she would pass the test too" No reaction, just the sound of muffled sobs "you made her because you believed in her and you wanted the girls to push themselves so they could be great hm?" She nodded against my chest.

"Delia" She tensed at my sudden voice change "look" slowly, she pulled herself off of me, my arm still around her "what" she asked, rubbing her wet eyes, clearing the blurry vision caused by the tears "it's a shooting star" She looked at me, one eyebrow raised. We stared at each other for what felt like eternity but was really only a few seconds until the both of us broke out into a laugh "you're such a child" she playfully said, gently throwing a punch to my shoulder.

"Seriously though it's so beautiful" She rested her head on my shoulder "it is isn't it" I ran my fingers through her blonde locks, the cold, brittle air suddenly disappearing with the warmth of my girlfriend beside me.

"Hey" She looked up up me "i love you" stated the supreme, another smile appeared on her face again, this time looking much happier "i love you too" She pecked my lips with a kiss, then rested her head back on my shoulder. If only she could stay this happy forever, if she could see through my eyes when i look at her then everything would be okay in the world because sometimes it still shocked me that i was dating her, that i was dating Cordelia Goode.