My pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand - cordelia goode

summary: cordelia takes you to a yearly dreaded event for the coven. she usually takes a member of her council but this year, she wants to show off her girlfriend. that is until things go sour. hurt/comfort

warning: homophobia

word count: 4719

.   .   .

"What am I supposed to wear?" You asked, staring at all the clothes on your side of the closet. It was more of a concern than a question. Cordelia still answered you. "Just a fancy dress baby. Nothing too much."

"Nothing too much? Honey, what is that to you considering your everyday clothes?" You sighed. She just chuckled at you, taking the compliment as it was given and walked over to you.

One arm slithered around your waist. With the height difference that you two had, you head subconsciously fell onto her shoulder. You enjoyed having a girlfriend that was taller than you for said benefits.

Her curled hair tickled your face as she leaned down to peck your lips with a kiss. You tried to take it further but she stopped you, teasingly smirking and she laughed when you groaned at her antics.

"How about this dress? You look so beautiful in that" she pointed to a black one with sheer sleeves. It had a slit where your leg would be but wasn't as nearly as revealing as something Madison would wear. It was flattering. You mentally agreed with Cordelia. You did feel beautiful in it.

"Mm I guess so. Do you think it's too fancy?" You asked and took it out of the closet, admiring it up and down. "Too fancy? Darling, we are going to an event with the governor and his wife. Don't worry about being overdressed."

"Now get dressed before I make you" She said teasingly, lighting smacking your behind. You gasped "Then maybe I just won't get dressed."

She shot a glare from, now, across the room and said "very funny, y/n."

"Ta-Da!" You said. You were twirling around like a child would in their new tutu. You felt ravishing but with the makeup and scratchy fabric, you never felt more uncomfortable.

Cordelia's mouth hung open and it looked almost like she froze. You would've shook her back into reality but in these heals, you were afraid to walk any more steps.

"You look.." At a loss for words, she muttered a simple "Amazing." You were well groomed almost everyday but you weren't a Cordelia. To see you like this, was a -literal- jaw dropping sight.

"Thank you, ma lady. You don't look too bad yourself" You said, braving your fear of the heals and walking towards the older woman. With a step away from Cordelia, you would've fell to the floor if it wasn't for her strong grasp grabbing you by the waist.

"Baby" she said through a belly laugh "maybe I should've taught you how to walk in heals first."

"Well maybe if my girlfriend wasn't so tall I wouldn't have to wear these!" You scoffed, only playfully. You would've worn them anyways. "Don't lie, you love it" You did love it. You loved her height and you even loved these stupid heals.

You were sitting in the backseat of the car with Cordelia. She had her own chauffeur whenever she would attend an event for the coven or a council meeting. You didn't question it. You figured it was the same deal as if she were an actress.

It was just beginning to get dark. The sun was setting with a deep orange and highlighted every inch and curve of Cordelia. You wanted to grab her face and kiss her. But you didn't. The driver had a clear view of you both. You grabbed her hand instead.