sweeter than honey - cordelia goode

summary: you can't fall asleep with a certain blonde on your mind. you make your way down to the greenhouse where you and cordelia share a first kiss.

warnings: none

word count: 871

.   .   .

It was a late night, i couldn't fall asleep, i tossed and turned, i counted to one hundred but nothing worked, my mind was too full, full of thoughts of the supreme, she was so beautiful and angelic, how could i get her out of my mind, it wasn't possible, so, i made my way to the one place where i could relax, where Cordelia and I spend hours on end just laughing and messing with a bunch of plants, the greenhouse.

The cold air hit my face instantly waking me up more than i already was, but, when i got to the greenhouse the light was already on.

I carefully approached the small house in case of an intruder but their was no stranger, no stranger at all actually, it was Cordelia.

I slowly walked in, confused on why she would be up at this hour "Delia?" I called out to the blondes back, she immediately turned around, her brown eyes meeting mine.

"Hey sweetheart" A smile grew on her plump pink lips, the lips i wanted to kiss so badly "What are you doing up?" The supreme questioned, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Couldn't sleep" I walked further into the greenhouse, standing next to Cordelia, the warmth of her body radiating on to me.

"Ah i see, would you like to help with this new incantation i've been working on?" I nodded, of course i was going to help her, it meant extra time with her, the extra comfort of Cordelia being around me.

After a few minutes of helping her, she stood right behind me with her hand on my shoulder, it was so quiet we could hear each other's breathing, each other's heart beats, you could cut the tension with a knife.

"You're being quiet, are you alright?" my throat suddenly got dry "Uh yeah i'm fine just getting tired" She sighed and i turned to look at her, our eyes meeting each other's while the silence continued.

"Um i think i'm gonna head to-" i was cut off by her lips on mine, her lips softer than anything i've ever known, soft like a first snowfall, like biting into cotton candy, like melting and floating and being weightless in water, it's sweet, it's so effortlessly sweet.

The supremes hands made their way to my waist, pushing me on to the table in the center of the greenhouse.

The world around me became foggy, all i could see was the beautiful blondes face up against mine "I love you y/n" I could feel her hot breath on my neck, it sent chills throughout my body "I love you" our lips collided once again until the both of us were at loss of air.

At first i didn't open my eyes, afraid it was just a dream and i would have to wake up, trying to hide my feelings everyday although clearly i didn't do a very good job at it, but once i opened my eyes to see the supreme with a big smile on her face, i knew it was a dream, it was a smile that no one could ever recreate because it was Cordelia Goode and their was no one like her.

"How about we get to bed its late" I stared into her eyes, she was so calm about everything, like nothing happened "uh yeah" I said as i rubbed my eyes following behind her.

"How about you sleep in my room tonight?" Cordelia offered. My face went bright red, luckily she couldn't see my face in the dark "are you sure i don't want to be a-" I was cut short "Positive."

We made it to her room, i've been in it once or twice before but it looked so different at night, or maybe my brain just wasn't working properly after what just happened.

She was so neat and clean while the room was dim, lit by a few candles and the moonlight shining through the white curtains.

"Don't be shy" The blonde patted the spot next to her with a welcoming smile, i mean after what just happened, you think i wouldn't be shy but we were also talking about Cordelia Goode, the person i couldn't even be around without blushing.

I slowly walked over, sitting on the bed over the covers "Oh now your shy? You weren't a few minutes ago" She teased, i let out a belly laugh "Come here" She put her arms out and i immediately melted into her embrace.

Her slim fingers ran through my hair, a smile forming on my lips as my eyes began to get heavy.

Cordelia placed a kiss on the top of my head "I love you y/n" It was almost a whisper but i still heard it because no matter how loud it is in the room or how many people are talking to me, she's the only one i can hear, the only one my ears allowed me to hear.

"I love you too Delia."