hold me without hurting me - foxxay

requested by anon on tumblr: could you maybe write about Misty having a hard time mentally after coming back from hell and isolates herself from everyone (including Delia) and they get into an argument about it and Misty finally tells Delia everything? So like some angst then fluff/comfort.

note: i wrote misty kinda mean during the argument and i hate myself for it but my girl has been through so much trauma with hell and everything else that she just needs to LET IT OUT :( 

warnings: none

word count: 3653

.   .   .

Misty Day was finally back, and Cordelia wasn't tucking away the feelings she held for her anymore. She learned the first time that Misty is not immortal, and so she has to eventually tell her how she truly feels.

But of course nothing ever goes to plan. Not as long as Cordelia lives.

She hadn't even gotten the chance to ask how Misty was, to catch her up on everything, let alone tell her that she was so helplessly in love with her.

Misty was willingly locked away in her new bedroom, as soon as Cordelia had guided her to it. The supreme makes sure to send her up food, and a written sticky note attached to the plate to let her know that she's thinking of her.

Cordelia is patient, even if she's at her desk, staring blankly at the wall as if there's a tv there. Even if she eagerly taps her pen against the desk, and bounces her leg up and down. She is patient. But she's quite sick of all of this waiting. She's about ready to break that door down and found out the root cause of Misty's absence.

Her fingers ache to run through Misty's wild curls again. Her eyes are itching to look into Misty's blue ones once more. Her eyes are also tired-looking, from staring at the ceiling in the dark each night, trying to determine what possibly went sour between them.

To her own understanding, she was quite welcoming when Misty arrived back at the academy, just like the first time all over again. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe she smothered Misty too much.

But wasn't Misty the one to initiate another hug once they parted?

It's been a week, and she won't teach another class, or grade another paper, knowing Misty is just down the hall weeping.

Maybe she's not weeping. Maybe they've taken her back to hell. Maybe her dreams, or rather nightmares, weren't just her imagination.

Fear pools in her belly, but she stands up from her desk and clears her throat. That couldn't possibly happen. Mallory made a deal with Papa Legba. It was set, and he couldn't take it back now. Could he?

Cordelia's legs take her down the hall, towards the swamp witches bedroom. It'a where her heart tells her two feet to take her, but she's not sure that her mind truly wants her to go there.

It's too late to change her mind when her knuckles knock against the white painted wood, hastier than she intended. She doesn't fully understand why her heart is beating faster than it did moments ago. Especially when she hears a thick southern drawl on the side of the door, "Comin."

Misty's tone doesn't sound too distressed, she actually thinks she can hear a smile behind her voice. But then when Misty finally opens the door, the swamp witch's grin vanishes. Is she upset to see me?

"Hi" Cordelia says. She sounds idiotic, because there are plenty of other things she could be saying. Misty doesn't seem too pleased with what she has to say either.

She actually seems rather uninterested in Cordelia's company. She walks towards her bed and sits down again. Her duvet and sheets are tangled, and there are clothes thrown everywhere on the floor. The supreme can hear Stevie Nicks faintly singing in the background, but it slowly downs out when she realizes that Misty doesn't respond to her in the way she'd anticipate.