and you'll be my valentine - cordelia goode

summary: cordelia surprises you on valentine's day, and for the first time, you don't feel so miserable for this holiday.

warnings: none

word count: 1131

.   .   .

You can't remember the last time you enjoyed Valentine's day. Possibly as a young child in school; when everyone would pass out candy to each other and the holiday was simply showing love for your friends. After that, it became dreadful. When you would watch your friends carry teddy bears and chocolates that their boyfriend bought them.

You were never into the whole boyfriend thing.

The previous Valentine's day, you spent crying in your room because you wanted Cordelia so bad, yet you didn't have enough confidence to ask her to be yours. Now, you had your girl. Now, this holiday couldn't possibly be so upsetting and lonely.

When you woke up this morning, it felt like every other day. And you loved it. You love waking up, smelling the sweet scent of the woman holding you. Just the two of you sharing a moment of peace and serenity. Feeling and loving one another.

Nevertheless, you knew Cordelia had something up her sleeve because she disappeared for nearly the entire day. When you walked outside to make way to the greenhouse, there was Zoe who directed you elsewhere. She's in on it too.

You hate surprises. You get impatient and just want to be in the know.

But as dawn eventually reached dusk, there was a smiley Cordelia patting her way into the room you both shared. You looked up and just at the sight of you sitting on the bed, Cordelia bit her lip.

She climbed on the bed, straddling your lap. She was wearing a black, lacy blouse and her typical trousers. She always dressed nicely, but right now, she was trying to get your attention with the low cut of her shirt and her eyes foggy with lust.

"Hello, my sweet love," she said and her voice was low, raspy. She only ever sounded that way in the mornings or when she wanted more of you. She simply kissed your lips and then moved back like she wanted to get you bothered. 

"Hi, you," you finally said, and your hands were placed on her slim thighs that you just so desperately want to kiss right now. You slightly squeezed them and you swear you heard her breathing pattern falter for just a moment. "What have you been up to? I missed you all day."

"Mm, don't worry, baby. I'm going to make that up to you tonight." She leaned in again and her soft blonde hair skimmed your neck in the slightest. Still, goosebumps make themselves visible on your arms. "You'll just have to come and see what i've been doing."

She got back on her feet and god it felt freezing without her body warming you up. Or maybe it was the mere fact that you were so flustered under her gaze that your body had decided to ignite some fire inside of you.

She turned back to you and winked, but after that, she was gone with the wind. You looked around the room, trying to see if she was simply just tricking you. But she really was gone.

You stood up and decided to make your way to the place you've been banned from all day; the greenhouse. You walked in, the door was finally unlocked. What you saw nearly brought tears to your eyes.

The room was dim, illuminated with candles and the moonlight shining through the ceiling window. There were fairy lights hung against the walls, vining through plants. But most importantly, Cordelia was in the center on the room, sitting on a red blanket on the floor. Rose pedals, candy, and wine surrounded her.

She sat there smiling, waiting for her girl. "Like it?" She asked and leaned back on her palms. You bit down on your lip to keep it from trembling, nodding slowly.

"Delia...I love it. You did all of this for me?" You moved forward and took a seat beside her on the blanket. Your voice shook with emotion and Cordelia's arms wrapped around you so you wouldn't fall apart.

"Of course I did. I would do anything for you, my pretty love." Her lips moved against your temple as she spoke. You looked up at her and your lips aligned with hers. You tried to push her back, to deepen it, but instead she placed her palm against your chest. "Later, baby," she winked at you again.

You huffed at her and picked up your glass of red wine instead. "I love it. I love you. You're amazing."

"I love you too. I hope this is a better Valentine's than spending it crying?" A mere smirk appeared on her face and you knew she was teasing you.

"How do you know that?" You gasped, and tried to seem serious but your own laughed and blush had completely betrayed you.

A flirtatious grin grew on her face and she crawled closer to you. She now was only inches away and, god, you didn't not want to wait until later. "I know everything. I'm the supreme, baby."

You could not hold yourself back. You went to lean in but was halted by something being put in your hands. You raised a single eyebrow and looked down at the candy heart that she gave you. Be mine, it read, and you laughed at the cliche-ness of it.

You reached behind her to grab the box of conversation hearts. You picked one up and put it on your tongue before sticking it out at Cordelia. She giggled at you. "You're cuter," your girlfriend said, in response to the quote on your tongue.

She took the box and did the exact same as you. This one read kiss me, and you took that as the perfect opportunity to do so. You moved your face closer to her and finally took the older woman's tongue in your mouth as you deeply kiss her.

The candy heart somehow ended up in your mouth but you didn't mind it. You were too occupied to deal with spitting it out right now. You pushed her back against the soft blanket until she was laying down. She didn't stop you this time.

A fistful of your hair was caught up in Cordelia's hands. You didn't know if the wine you were tasting was hers or your own.

You leaned above her on your hands, She nearly whimpered when her lips were left without the warmth of yours. You looked down at the beautiful woman squirming beneath you, her eyes only filled with love and lust. You knew, in this moment, that you would never cry on Valentine's day again.