and finally it seems, my lonely days are through - cordelia goode

summary: cordelia has always hated mother's day until one day, her life flips around and it becomes her favorite holiday.

warnings: none

word count: 977

.   .   .

Mother's day had never been a great day for Cordelia. The first mother's day she remembers was going into Fiona's office to give her a card and walking out with tears streaming down her face.

Even with someone -Myrtle- stepping up to the plate as her mother, of course it still hurt knowing that her biological mother hated her. It hurt her knowing that someone who wasn't even family, was more of a mother to her than her actually one.

But as she got older, she had learned to except it. Mother's day had just became a normal day.

Then she wanted a child so desperately. She wanted to have a kid and promise to be the complete opposite of Fiona. Show that child what real motherly love is.

So she attempted many times to have a child with Hank.

Until that didn't work out.
                                        ____
"Shhh don't wake mommy up, she gotta sleep" you whispered, shifting your weight so you were faced away from your wife. But that didn't seem to stop the nine month old in your arms with her loud blabbering and frantic arms.

You tried to shush her by bouncing her up and down but that didn't seem to work. She was too excited to see her other mother after being with you all morning.

You felt a shift on the other side of the bed. You knew that your attempt to not wake Cordelia up had failed.

"Mm what time is it?" You turned to face Cordelia. Her eyes were heavy and tired. It was early and with being up all hours of the night to accommodate your daughter, sleep just didn't fit into either of your schedules anymore.

You bit down on your lip and took a moment before answering "seven thirty." A groan that you expected to escape her lips never did. Yes, she wished she could get a decent night of sleep but she couldn't be mad at your pretty face or your daughters adorable face.

"Most sleep i've gotten this week. But you" she placed her pointer finger to your chest "what time did you wake up?"

"Well...Lily woke me up at five because she was hungry. After that, neither of us could fall back asleep." you looked down at the infant in your arms. She was all smiles and giggles.

"My my, let me see my little early bird" as if the baby could understand her, she crawled right into Cordelia's arms.

Cordelia cradled Lily in her arms, attacking her face with kisses and leaving a 'mwah' sound for the baby's amusement. "Hey! Did you forget about me?" You teased. Really, this sight had made your heart warm but you wanted some Cordelia kisses too.

"How could I forget about you?" she smiled dreamily at you and pulled your face closer to hers. Pressing your lips against hers for what lasted longer than a few seconds, you got so caught up when Cordelia had bit down on your bottom lip that you almost forgot about the baby in her lap.

When you pulled away, you kept your forehead leaned against hers. "Happy mother's day, love" you murmured against her lips.

A gasp escaped her mouth and you looked at her confusingly.

"Oh my god. That's today? I totally forgot. I'm so sorry, i would've planned something but i've been so caught up-" you ended her blabbering with a peck on her lips. It was quicker than the last one but still long enough to relive her sudden stress.

You knew a big reason that she forgot was because once she got older, this holiday just turned into another normal day.

"Don't worry about it, Delia. I have the both of you and that's more than enough." You could tell that she was trying to hold in her tears. A lump in her throat had restricted her from speaking so she took a moment. And you gave her all the time she needed.

"Happy mother's day, sweetheart" she finally said after a few seconds. You beamed at each other before chubby hands began to attack Cordelia's face.

"Oh i'm sorry, were we not giving you enough attention?" Cordelia said. You giggled. She had always been so good with Lily. But you knew she would be. She had this motherly instinct that you could see from the first time you met.

She showed that child so much love throughout these nine months, plus the nine months in your stomach.

When you both brought Lily home from the hospital, you were a wreck. But Cordelia was there not only helping with Lily but with you too. When in your stomach, she would talk to her during late nights and early mornings. She would make sure that you never missed an oppointment -even though you never would. She would treat you like a queen as if she hadn't been already.

When you released a yawn, Cordelia moved her shoulder closer to you. She always had what you needed when you needed it.

You took her offer and rested you head on her shoulder, looking down at Lily.

Almost simultaneously, Lily nuzzled herself into Cordelia while slipping a thumb into her mouth. "I love you both so much" Cordelia whispered and placed her head on top of your. "I love you both so much too."

With this being you and Cordelia's first mother's day, you had a whole day of things planned ahead. With the help of the other girls, of course.

And for the second little baby in your stomach, well, Cordelia would find about him or her later. For now, you just wanted to enjoy this beautiful moment with the two girls that you love the most.