roses are red, i love you - cordelia goode

summary: giving your supreme a gift shouldn't be that hard. that's if you weren't in love with her.

warnings: none

word count: 815

.   .   .

Roses. They're just roses. Walk in, give them to her, walk out. It shouldn't be this hard. It shouldn't be this goddamn hard to just give the supreme flowers. I stood in front of her office door that i've could've sworn i've been standing in front of with the vibrant red roses tightly gripped in my hand for weeks but no, it's been like ten minutes. Still it's ridiculous that i can't just give her them.

I finally raised my hand to knock on the door, right as my knuckles almost tapped on the white wood, i got cold feet. Turn around and throw the goddamn roses away. No, i'll put my brave face on and just do it. Before i knew it, i felt my knuckles lightly knock on the door. It was a quiet knock but god it made me cringe like i just heard nails on a chalk board.

"Come in" Her voice was so soft and calming but also loud enough for the person who was on the other side, to hear. Why did she have to be so perfect?

"Hi" I walked into her office. My knuckles were probably white from how tightly i was holding theses flowers. Like seriously i think they are going to totally fall apart if i let go of them.

"Hey sweetheart" She had the biggest smile plastered on her face "i uh brought you these roses" She lightly gasped, walking towards me. The closer she came, the stronger her comforting lavender scent lingered to my nose. "They're beautiful" She smiled greatly at them, then back at me "Any special occasion?" I shook my head "i just wanted to show appreciation, you do a lot for us" My voice was shaky. I sounded like, as Madison would put it, a fucking kiss ass.

"Thank you sweetheart, i love them" She pulled me into a hug. Yup she was hugging me right now. Our body's were up against each other and her arms were tightly wrapped around me like was going to disappear "You're welcome" My voice was shaking as i tried to casually catch up with my breath after that interaction.

"You know roses indicate love" she spoke as she walked over to an empty vase, placing the flowers into it "oh do they? I'm not very much educated with stuff like that" I stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, letting out a nervous laugh as i finished my sentence. So stupid. So fucking stupid i am. Everyone knows roses symbolizes love.

"Mhm. You picked out nice ones, they're so pretty" She smiled, walking back over to me. "I tried to pick out the most vibrant ones to match your personality. They stand strong and confident with strength just like you" Her face softened. Slowly, her hand made its way to my cheek, cupping it and gently brushing her thumb over it "thats really really sweet" She had a few tears in her eyes and i just stood there staring at her like a statue, not know what to do exactly.

Silence filled the room, not even the noise from outside her office was inaudible, i was starting to think i just couldn't hear because she put me in a trance. But she was so breathtaking, all the time, but in this moment, we were so close and her hand, her soft hand was on my cheek and she just looked so beautiful in her floral pink dress that perfectly hugged her body.

Her face started to move closer to me. If felt like everything was going in slow motion, the world just slowed down and i didn't mind it because i just wanted to stay like this forever.

Slowly, her thumb ran over my bottom lip. Was she trying to kill me? Cause me to stop breathing and just die right here, right now?

And it happened. Her lips collided with mine. It was quick yet so warm and passionate. And then she let go of me and i felt a shiver go through my body. "I shouldn't ha-" I cut her off "no i liked it" her smile grew but i didn't get to see it for long before i placed my lips on hers where they previously been.

The supremes hand slowly made its way to my waist while my hands were behind her head. Her lips were the softest thing ever, really, more than i could dream of. It's like everything about her is just perfect, i could sit here and try to find one flaw about her but i really don't think i could find anything.

We both pulled away after needing air "Now i'm really glad i brought you those roses" She smirked "I second on that."