spaghetti kisses - elisa cronkite

summary: the weather decides to ruin your date night with elisa, but it turns out that staying at home was even better.

warnings: none

word count: 1273

.   .   .

When Elisa walked out of your bedroom and examined the weather outside of the window, you could've crumbled at her expression. You were both dressed nicely, and were just about to head out the door when it began to pour.

She tossed herself upon the couch. For a brief moment, her dress riding up her thigh had distracted you. When you heard her sniffling into the pillow, you rejoined and collected yourself.

It's just...you two have been so occupied with work that date nights haven't been as frequent lately. Tonight was a big deal.

"Elisa, why are you crying, honey?" You sat beside her body that was laying on the couch. You were sure that her -now- wet makeup was going to stain the pillow. However, you weren't entirely concerned about that.

"Our date night is ruined!" She grunted into the pillowed, confused as to why you weren't so distressed about this. It has been planned for weeks.

"I wouldn't say it's ruined, El. Why not just have a date here?" Your fingertips brushed through golden curls. She had taken a liking to you playing with her hair.

"We live here, y/n. What are we going to do in our small apartment?" Elisa sighed. She sat up criss-cross, and hugged a pillow to her chest.

"You know what. Go watch tv or whatever in our room, i'm going to set up the perfect date for us. Right here."
-
You weren't great at cooking. That's why you and Elisa's fridge was only filled with simple things that you could toss in the oven. But you somehow managed to assemble a spaghetti dish.

"Alright, Miss Elisa Cronkite. Would you do the honor of accompanying me on a stay-at-home date?" You emerged in the doorway of the bedroom, when you felt that everything was completely. A single eyebrow raised, and a hand held out for her.

"God, you are such a dork." She hopped out of the still unmade bed. Your awaited hand feeling warm when hers merged with yours.

"Okay, i'm actually going to need you to close your eyes. I want to surprise you." But she didn't have much of a choice when your free hand proceeded to cover her vision.

"Well don't let me walk into anything!"

"I won't. I gotcha, baby."

You guided Elisa towards the mini kitchen. Hands growing sweaty, pulse beating faster. You wanted to please your girlfriend, certainly after she seemed so devastated after the ruined plans.

When you returned your hands back to your side, Elisa gasped. You couldn't see her expression, hence you were standing behind her. However, she didn't seem too disappointed.

"Oh my god. Aren't you so romantic."

You were impressed with yourself as well. The lights were dimmed, the room only lit with candles on the table. Your finest table wear laid out, and you even discovered a chic white table cloth in the closet.

"Here you are." Pulling out a chair for Elisa, she took a seat, followed by you.

"I can't believe you put this together." She's says.