never leave you - tammy

summary: tammy leaves you home when having to pull another heist but she's late to come home and you fear the worst.

note: tammy doesn't have kids in this.

warnings: none

word count: 1085

.   .   .

"How long will you be?" You questioned, standing on the threshold of the front door with a pout on your face. "No long than three days. I promise i'll be back Saturday evening." Tammy watched as your your face fell even more, you eyes almost filled with tears that you tried so desperately to hold in. "Hey hey, it's okay sweetheart, i'll be back as soon as possible" she let go of her suitcase to gently grab your chin, kissing your forehead before leaning them on each other. "I know, i'm just going to miss you" you sniffled. It was only three days and crying over it made you feel like such a fool, it made you feel childish. "I'm going to miss you so much" she said, her finger grazing over your now tear stained face.

"I love you, keep in touch okay?" You nodded, there was no way that you wouldn't keep in touch with her "i love you too, please be safe" she beamed at you before pecking your cheek one last time and as soon as you knew it, she already disappeared into her car. And you stood there, watching as the car got smaller and smaller the further she drove. You felt your self choke up, and you tried to tell yourself that it was only three days but you just felt so alone in this big house, you had no one and you knew that Tammy wouldn't be able to Face Time you every single second either, she was busy.

You couldn't help but throw yourself on the couch and curl up into a ball as you allowed the tears to heavily stream down your face. You just hoped and prayed that these three days go by fast.
-
Your leg bounced up and down as your gaze kept constantly shifting from the window to the door to the clock, over and over again. It was Saturday evening although you could probably consider it night time by now. Tammy was supposed to be back before the sun had even set and you were still sitting on the couch without your girlfriend beside you. You were nervous to say the least, it wouldn't matter as much if she would just answer your texts or calls to assure you that she was okay but that wasn't the case. Hours went by and all your texts and calls remained unanswered.

Now yes, you knew that maybe she was running late but your mind that overthinks way too much wouldn't let you believe that. She could've got caught and gone to jail, then what would you do? Besides if she was okay then she would answer you, she always answers you no matter what. But the more stressed and overthinking you did over it, the more breathing got harder so you tried to calm yourself down, slowly taking deep breaths and telling yourself that she was okay, just like Tammy would tell you to do in this type of situation.

You weren't just scared for yourself but for Tammy as well. If she was the one who was caught then she would be the one going to jail and you knew she wouldn't last a moment in that jail cell, she's too sweet, too soft for that.

And time felt like it was going by so slow, it's only been a minute since you looked at the clock but an hour had already passed. You felt useless, you couldn't get in touch with her, all you could do was sit there and wait and maybe shed a few tears.

You were getting tired but you tried so hard to stay awake. You couldn't even tell what time it was; you were getting so tired that your vision was blurry by now, you just knew it had to be past eleven. You couldn't keep yourself awake any longer, you tried so hard but without even realizing it, you fell right into a deep sleep.
-
"Sweetheart" you could feel a hand moving your hair out of your face. "Tam?" you rubbed your eyes, clearing your vision "i'm home" she had a smile on her face like nothing had happened, like she wasn't extremely late. "Tammy!" Your eyes became glossy as you jumped into her arms, almost pulling her down on the couch "someones excited to see me" she chuckled lightly, hugging you tighter "I thought something had happened to you" your voice was muffled as it was buried into her neck and thick set of blonde hair.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, we finished later than expected" you pulled back, arms still around her. Her heart broke seeing your tear stained face and tired eyes "why didn't you answer my calls when you were done?" Her hand made its way to your face, cupping it and wiping away your salty tears. "My phone completely died. I'm so sorry y/n, i should've stopped at a pay phone or tried to get in touch but i just wanted to get home to you. I wasn't thinking" you hugged her again, catching her off guard "it's okay, i'm just glad your home and safe" you kissed her pink cheek "i am too" she whispered.

The only thing ruining the moment was the big yawn that you let out. The blonde chuckled, thinking how adorable you were "how about we get some rest in a proper bed?" you nodded to that, sleeping on a couch wasn't too comfortable. And as you both walked up the stairs, you clung tightly to her arm. You were being clingy but now that she was back, you couldn't get enough of her.
-
You laid yourself right in your lovers arm, talking in her sweet scent that you missed. It was silent for a moment until Tammy spoke up "You know i'll always come back home, right?" you hesitated to answer, you knew her choice would always be to come back home but it doesn't always end up like that, if she did get caught, she would have no choice but to not come home. "I was just scared that you got caught is all" she gently grabbed your head to look up at her and you almost melted under her touch "i promise i will always come back home sweetheart, always forever."