you drew stars around my scars - cordelia goode

summary: after cordelia has been blinded, she's been locked away in her room, afraid and angry of the world, and herself. she's also been locking you out, but that soon changes when you make her realize how beautiful she is.

warnings: none

word count: 3250

.   .   .

Cordelia had been blinded yet it felt more like you were blinded; unable to see her. She kept herself locked away in her room, hiding the 'ugly', hiding the now weakest part of her.

You were the one person she trusts. The one person who doesn't use her when she most vulnerable. Yet she was locking herself away from you.

You didn't know if she meant it, and you would possibly never know. Cordelia was stubborn and she had learned to keep her feelings locked away. She was goddamn good at it too.

But it was almost as if Cordelia had died the day she was blinded. A part of her did die that day. When you did see her for a spit second, you could tell that she's not the same. She's frightened and angry at the world, and you couldn't blame her.

However, you couldn't let her wallow away in her sorrows. And you couldn't live another day without seeing her smile again. You wondered, when the last time she smiled possibly was.

With a tray full of breakfast food, you knocked on Cordelia's door. It was early, but Cordelia never slept past eight. Yet there was no response to your knocking, and so you figured she must be ignoring it.

"Delia, it's me. Can I come in? I have breakfast for you" You said, scrunching up your nose while waiting for a response. But there was nothing. Not even a single floorboard creaking.

"Delia, honey, please. I just want to see you. I'm worried about you" you sighed against the door, when you heard, "come in."

You walked in, trying not to seem so desperate for her, although, you were sure you failed. "I don't like when you worry" Cordelia said, right as the door clicked shut.

"And I don't like when you hide from me, Delia. I miss you, and i'm worried about you. I just want to help you and be there for you."

"There's nothing you can do. It's happened and it's over and now I have to deal with it myself. It's not your problem to deal with. I can't possibly put that burden on you" she said, angrily. Of course you didn't take it personal. Cordelia was just upset, she was upset with everything and it projected into anger and coldness.

"But you're my girlfriend. It is my job to take care of you. It's not a burden, it's simply helping someone who I love so dearly when she's in a time of need. I just need you to be open with me." You took a seat beside Cordelia on her bed, and placed the tray of food on her bedside table.

She was dressed, and her hair was tidy. You figured she took a shower as well. You were glad that she was at least doing things up here.

That's when you noticed Cordelia's lip start to tremble. A clear sign that she was about to break down. "Oh Delia, come here baby."

You attempted to wrap your arms around her, but she turned away. "No!"

It felt like she stabbed you in the heart. Never, had Cordelia turned down one of your hugs. Whenever she's upset, you're the person she goes to for comfort. You couldn't lie and say that this didn't hurt.