so let me hold you, and tell you how pretty you are - cordelia goode

requested by ihrtcordelia: okay so basically cordelia has been in her office for like most days and the reader wants to help cordelia relax. so they go out like shopping or like watch a movie together or something like just pure fluff or sm

warnings: none

word count: 1843

.   .   .

It was getting nearly ridiculous; the long hours she spent in her office every single day. It wasn't always like this. Isn't always like this. But lately, it seems that you hardly get to see your girlfriend. Her hours go from before you wake up to after you're asleep. The only time you spend is the moments you bring her lunch, otherwise she would get completely lost in work and forget.

Even then, she didn't seem like herself. She seemed distracted, caught up, stressed. Her smile didn't glow like it usually did. You were concerned to say the least. This didn't occur often but it certainly was not the first time. When you first started dating, Cordelia had locked herself in her office for almost two weeks. At least it felt like she did. The only way you got her out is when she fully broke down and had no other choice.

You didn't want that to happen again. You couldn't let her fall apart like water in you hands. Knowing she's destroying her health yet letting it happen anyways.

After the fourth day of hardly seeing Cordelia, you've decided you had enough. You had to get going on your plan before the sunset. There had to be a way to get her, and you just possibly believed that you have a couple.

You made your way to her office. You took a deep inhale of breath, slowly exhaling it. You lifted your hand up to the white wooden door, it seemed to move further away from you the longer you stood there. There wasn't a need to be nervous; Cordelia would never hurt you in any way. Your shaky knocks sped up your heart rate. You knocked in a pattern that Cordelia knew was just yours.

"Come on in, darling," you heard from the other side. She sounded so soft, gentle, just as she always did. Nevertheless, her voice sounded strained. You turned the doorknob, a smile settling on your face before you were even revealed.

An all too well familiar lavender scent filled the air. You looked up at your favorite women in the chair, a glowing smile with cheeks tinted as pink as the setting sky being the first to captivate your eyes. No matter how stressed she was, she would never truly show it. If you didn't know her as well as you do, you wouldn't suspect a single thing wrong.

You walked towards her desk and around it. Her warm, lust filled eyes followed you the entire way. You sat on her lap, wrapped your arms around her neck. Her desk was scattered with paperwork and her laptop brightly gleamed back at you.

"I miss you," you say through a breath. She rested her chin on the top of your head and you were certain that you have her where you want her.

"I know, i'm sorry. I miss you too, so much, sunshine. I've just had a lot of work to do and the warlocks have been nagging me per usual." She harshly sighed, seeming entirely warn out.

"Then spend tonight with me? Please," you begged. You moved your head to look up at her, pleading with only your eyes. She bit down on her lip, contemplating. She wants to spend time with you, but would she be a terrible supreme to take a night off?

"I don't know. I have a lot of work," she finally said, hesitantly, like the words burned her throat to speak them. She twirled a strand of your hair through her fingers, not daring to look you in the eyes. She hated turning you down.