you're my cure - cordelia goode

summary: finding out you have covid, you have a panic attack but cordelia guides you through it and takes care of you.

warnings: panic attack, coronavirus, dizziness, pills (medicine)

word count: 2023

.   .   .

There it was. Positive. What you've been avoiding for a whole year. What you've been freaking out about and trying your best to avoid.

You have Covid.

Cordelia didn't know you were taking the test, she didn't even know that you thought you had it. Luckily you weren't around the other girls, you've been sick so of course you just stayed in your room.

But suddenly your chest felt heavy. You couldn't breath and your cheeks were burning up. Your legs that felt like jelly buckled and you felt right to the cold, hard floor.

Gasping for air, you managed to call out Cordelia's name. You were sure she couldn't hear it, it left your lips as a whisper although it felt like it was a scream from the top of your lungs.

This was it. There was nothing you could do.

You started rocking back and forth, scratching at the flesh on your arms. Anything, anything to calm you down, to forget about everything.

"D-Delia please" you cried out. You sounded as if you've lived a long life and were finally taking your last breath.

She wasn't coming for you, and it was for the better. You knew she couldn't get sick because of the supremes perfect health, but in this state, you didn't remember that, you just wanted to keep her safe.

You felt dizzy so all you did was lay on the floor and curl into a ball. All you could hear was your rapid breathing, everything else was blocked out to the point where you didn't even hear Cordelia come in. Nor didn't you see her because your eyes were shut tight, hoping this would just all end.

"Sweetheart" panic instantly rose in Cordelia's chest as she kneeled down onto the floor. A soft hand on your back was what brought you back to reality. Even through a panic attack, you knew it was Cordelia; she had this certain energy to her that nobody else could match.

"N-no get away" you tried your best to scoot away from her but it was no use, your body was limp. She was confused, it wasn't your first panic attack and she knew that you always liked when she held you through it, she was your source of comfort.

Then she spotted a little test beside you. She picked it up and it instantly dawned on her. When the pandemic first started, you had a panic attack then as well. She knew that all of this made you nervous, then when she saw that it was positive, her heart broke; she knew that mentally, this would be tough on you.

"Oh baby, come here, it's all okay" you violently shook your head at her. "You'll get s-sick" your voice sounded raspy and you it made you even more nervous that you didn't know if it was from the panic attack or covid.

"Supremes don't get sick lovely" you were so nervous, you forgot about her perfect health.

This time, when she wrapped her arms around you, you didn't cower, you just let her pull you onto her lap.

"Breath for me baby, follow my breathing" she began taking deep and you started to copy her. After awhile of that, your breathing did begin to even out and turn to a much less concerning rate.