if i could give you the moon, i'd give you the moon - cordelia goode

requested by ihrtcordelia: i was wondering if you could write a one shot where y/n and the girls (madison, zoe, mallory, etc..) come back from like a weekend away and cordelia is really excited to see y/n and it ends up being pure fluff?

warnings: none

word count: 1512

.   .   .

You and Cordelia have been together for three years, so this wasn't the first time you've been away for a period of time. It's just that, typically, Cordelia's the one that has to leave to visit the warlocks.

The thing was, no matter how many times you and Cordelia had to part, you never missed each other any less. From the moment you first walked through Robichaux's doors, you've been attached at the hip. Madison calls you a teachers pet, but you think it's really just soulmates.

"Welcome home, baby. I missed you so much." Home. It was Cordelia's house really, her academy, but it's was everyone's home too. She always made sure that her girls knew that. "Our bed feel so cold and empty without you."

These arms. She wouldn't let go of you. Now that she had you back, you were staying. "I missed you. Those hotel beds just aren't the same. And I can't sleep without you holding me. I'm exhausted." Despite the exasperated sigh you let out, Cordelia smiled at you.

Cordelia grabbed your hand and brought you back to the room that you shared with her. You were far too tired to even process the fact that you were being moved and your suitcase was left somewhere in the foyer but you didn't bother to care.

Without any hesitation, you flopped onto the large bed. It was so soft and you didn't want to move. You would sleep here just like this if Cordelia would let you.

Cordelia rolled her eyes as she tried to contain the overly big smirk on her lips. Without hesitation, she walked over to you and straddled your waist. You were so sleepy, but you always had enough energy for Cordelia.

The supreme leaned down on top of you and nuzzled her face into your neck. You wrapped your arms around her body. You could feel how exhausted and tense she was, and you wondered how many hours she'd spent working without you there to force her to relax.

"Mm someone missed me. So needy tonight, I see." Even with your worn out, raspy voice, you still used what you had left to tease her. And you really missed her too. You were grateful that your girlfriend is always as clingy as she is.

The vibration of Cordelia's pretty laugh tickled your neck. "Shush, you. Three days is too long without you," Cordelia complained, and you both could agree that FaceTime and texting was not the same as this. "How about I start you a hot shower? You seem so tense."

"That plane ride wasn't very comfortable. I would love that," Cordelia was already sitting back up and climbing off of you. She was always the one to put you before herself. At this point, you could argue that it was just in her blood to take care of people. "But only if you join me."

Cordelia smiled again, so gentle and tender. And you could cry at how pretty she was, how caring and loving. Sometimes you do. But you didn't have the energy in this moment in time.

The older woman grabbed your hand and pulled you back up onto your feet. Right as you sprung back up, you groaned and were so close that your lips naturally collided with hers. That soon turned into a low moan at the sweetness of it all.

Cordelia didn't say a thing, just simply walked you into the bathroom with her. It was one of your favorite things. Just showering with her, doing normal everyday things. She made everything just that much more exciting.

Your girlfriend was already removing your clothes for you as soon as the door shut. You typically found that Cordelia undressing you made you feel very desired, but with the nurturing way she did it tonight, you just wanted to be held and loved.

Cordelia wasn't too far behind taking her own clothes off after. You couldn't stop staring at her. And she loved when you did too. She looked so pretty doing absolutely everything, and you were so astonished how one person could be so perfect.

The older woman guides you and herself under the hot shower spray. She knows you like the water very hot, even if it turns her skin a deep shade of red, she will stand under it for hours just for you.

The entire bathroom smelt like lavender and you knew it was from the shower she took earlier that morning. It smelt like Cordelia. Like home. You were so happy to be back, to be able to be this intimate with the supreme.

"Is this good," she asked you, but only merely above a whisper. She was referring to the water temperature.

"Mhm. It's amazing." You wrapped your arms around her, clutching onto her sides and resting your head against her freckled chest. "I want life to be like this forever."

"It will be," Cordelia confirmed, so confident in her answer. It is going to be. She didn't know everything, but she knew that. And she wasn't very confident either, but she could put on a straight face and strong posture to tell you that this is what everyday would look like. And she means it too. And nothing else needs to be said. You both have the same understanding.

After holding each other under the heated water that eventually creates steam, Cordelia reaches behind you for the body wash and squeezes some into the palm of her hand. She begins cleaning you. So delicately that she feels as though you might shatter if she had been any harder.

She scrubs, but treading so carefully because she knows that your skin is sensitive. She kneels down. And she kisses your stomach, right below your belly button because she remembers you talking about hating the way that it wasn't as flat as you wanted it just last week. She kisses your fingers too because they're the same ones that brushed your hair this morning, and got yourself dressed, and handed the front desk your plane ticket to come back home. She loves every bit of you. Every scar, stretch mark, and every freckle. She kisses them like she's worshiping you just because she can.

You feel the tears burning at your waterline and she finally stands back up and sees that. She despises seeing you cry, but she knows that you're at least happy. Her heart never fails to hurt when a salty rolls down your cheek.

She kissed your nose as she pumped some shampoo into her hand, then gently scrubbing your scalp. You sigh, haven't had the opportunity to feel this nice in three days. You simply cannot feel unless you have Cordelia.

When she was eventually done with showering you, she helped you out and wrapped you in a towel. When you were with Cordelia, you could completely turn your brain off and feel safe enough that she would take care of you.

Cordelia dries and dresses you and herself. She can't even keep her hands off of you, but you really don't want her to anyways. You help her out as she readies you in a light shorts and tank top. It's the middle of spring and the sun is setting, but New Orleans makes it feel like the dead of summer.

You're so exhausted, but you know that you won't be able to fall asleep this early. So, Cordelia makes both you and her a cup of steaming tea and brings you out to the porch.

It's a simple, lazy night back at the academy, but it still makes you feel so giddy. You are so in love with this woman, and it feels like you're falling for her over and over again. Instead of letting you sit beside her in your own chair, she gently grabs your waist and pulls you onto her lap.

"Wow, can't even have my own chair tonight," you laugh at her, purely teasing.

"Nope. I won't allow it. I want to be as close as possible." She nuzzled her head into your neck and took a deep breath, inhaling that clean lavender scent that you both shared. You leaned back into her and placed your hands over the arms that wrapped around your waist.

"Good 'cause I want to be super close to you too," you smiled, looking up at the stars and moon that were starting to peak through. It was a full, gleaming moon, and although it was pretty, it was no Cordelia. You turned your head to the side and kissed the corner of her mouth where you could reach. "I love you, ya know."

"Good 'cause," she mocked, a shimmering smile on her face, "I love you too."