bad days - lana winters

summary: you have a bad day but luckily your girlfriend, lana, is there to take care of you.

warnings: none

word count: 1103

.   .   .

The rain poured down hard. The only thing allowing the street not to be pitch black was the street light which would flicker here and there from the loss of power. My clothes were soaked, drenched in the uncomfortable, cold rain. But finally, i arrived home.

I played with my keys, trying to find the correct one without making a ton of noise and waking up the sleeping beauty that slept inside what i could now call my home.

Warm air immediately hit me as i walked in, the change of temperature causing a shiver to go through me. It was quiet as it would be at this hour, until i heard footsteps that were so quiet i could've missed them if i were even a step back.

"Y/n?" I heard my name being called out by a low, raspy voice. "Yeah" I said, almost sounding ashamed. The light turned on revealing a very sleepy Lana. "Oh my god did you jump in a river?" I looked down at my clothes "my car wouldn't start so i had to walk home" She walked closer to me, observing me further "I didn't want to wait for the bus i just wanted to get home. I'll deal with it tomorrow" My eyes filled with tears and Lana quickly caught on. She cupped my cheek in a comforting manner, looking deep into my eyes. Her warm hand against my cheek made any coldness in my body disappear "Bad day sweetheart?" She questioned, i nodded at that.

The brunette smiled sadly "how about i run you a warm bath?" I sighed, shaking my head "you look so tired, you need to rest" Her fingers ran through my wet hair "i can't rest until i know you've been taken care of" I used a small smile as a response that she caught a glimpse of before disappearing into the bathroom, i followed behind her.

The hot water ran, steamed filled the small bathroom. The both of us sat on the edge of the tub in silence which was common for us, not speaking when nothing was needed to be said and still being comfortable. Until i finally spoke up, disturbing the silence to admit something i wouldn't be able to keep in for long, the guilt would eat me away. "Lana i got fired today" The words burned through my throat and the comfortable silence quickly turned uncomfortable. "What?" She turned to attention from the steaming water to my face that glowed with fearful expression "I got in a fight with my boss. I'm really sorry i know we need the money..." I trailed off looking anywhere but her deep brown eyes.

"Shh" Her hand made its way back to my cheek where it always did when i was upset, swiping away the new fallen tears "are you mad at me?" My voice was shaky, nervous, even though i knew there was no way Lana could ever get mad at me over something so silly that wouldn't even matter in fifty years, she never did because she always makes due as long as we were together, helping each other out "Of course i'm not, darling. It's life, things happen" Her other hand, tightly held mine, her thumb ever so slightly, running over the top of my hand. "As long as you're okay. Are you okay?" Nodding, i sniffled, taking a deep breath that i didn't know i was holding in "i'm okay i just don't want to put all this stress on you and..." My blabbering was cut short "I'm not stressed, so don't be either sweetheart" we sat there staring at each other lovingly, observing every inch of each other's face from lips to eyes, for a few seconds, a few seconds that felt like eternity before being interrupted by the water almost over filling.

The brunette leaned over, twisting the knob before placing the softest, most gentle kiss you could give, on my cheek. "Get in, i'll go make you some tea alright?" She said it almost as a statement rather than a question, either way i didn't have a choice.

A few minutes pass and she wondered back into the bathroom, a small white mug in her hand, walking slower than usual, careful enough to not spill the liquid inside. I chuckled at the small steps she took. "Here you are sweetheart" She kneeled down, handing me the cup. Steam shot right in my face although it felt nice, it felt refreshing.

I took a sip of the tea she made so perfectly, knowing just how i like it. Not too sweet yet not too bland. Somehow, the brunette knew everything about me, from my favorite color to the exact time i was born, she listens, pays attentions and doesn't forget. It was second nature for her to remember anything and everything i tell her.

Her hands ran through my hair, once wet with cold rain, now clean, hot water "thank you love. I'm really so grateful for you" I gave her a sleepy smile, already feeling myself grow tired. "I love you sweetheart" She leaned forward, kissing my forehead ever so gently "how about we get to bed now" She could see my eyes get heavier by the second. I hummed in response.

Throwing on my pajamas, i slid in bed where my lover awaited, instantly being pulled into her embrace with no choice but to just melt into her. "Sleep well. I love you" she whispered into my ear causing shivers to go through my body "i love you too" i could feel her smile as she could for me.

There been many times, many night where we fell asleep being tangled up in each other's limbs whenever one has had a bad day but this night just felt so different, i knew in the morning i would question if this night had been a dream, how Lana could turn a terrible day, night, into one of the bests so quickly. Lana was like the tide, she washes away any sadness i felt just like the tide would wash away anything left on the sand to make it alive and clean, help it not slowly become something that you look at and feel terrible that people would just throw trash on it like it was not important. No gift or kiss in the world could ever repay her for the love and care she had shown me and would continue to show.