one plus two equals us pt.2 - foxxay

requested by anon on tumblr: can you do a continuation of your April fic? Maybe where Misty goes away on a girls trip with Queenie and Zoe, so Cordelia has to handle April for a few days? And Madison, Mallory, and Coco are just sitting back laughing at the chaos? But there's fluff and humor and it's all okay in the end?

warnings: none

word count: 5878

.   .   .

"Are you sure ya gonna be okay? I don't have to go—" Misty Day lips came to an abrupt stop when Cordelia pressed them against her's. There was sickening sounds from Madison, and giggles from April. But they both hardly heard it, too caught up in each other.

They had only been together for a month, and neither of them could take their hands off of each other. It didn't count the times when April got extremely jealous that she wasn't getting their undivided attention, and resulted in her squishing herself between the two.

"I'm fine. I promise. April's great. And it's not the first time I've watched her 'alone.'" However, she wasn't entirely alone. She had Madison, Mallory, and Coco by her side. But at the same time, even though she could count on them if there was ever serious danger, she knew they wouldn't lift a finger to help with anything else.

"Yes. But, this is a whole three day-"

"Misty Day, we are perfectly fine. I watch an entire academy of girls every single day. April is heaven sent compared to a bunch of teenage witches." Cordelia bent down to Aprils level. "Isn't that right, bug?" April had claimed the new nickname once she began to bring dead bugs back to life. It wasn't ideal. Not when they would find a dead bug in the house during the hot summer, and soon enough it was crawling up their leg.

The girl wrapped her arms around Cordelia's neck, giggling and nodding, her body lifting into the air when the older woman stood up. "Mama go. Wanna paint with mommy!"

Misty walked closer to the pair, her family. She grinned at the little girl in Cordelia's arms. "Someones bossy. Do ya not love me anymore?"

"Mama, I love you, but wanna paint," April whined, and crinkled her nose when Misty's lips pressed a kiss to it.

"I know. I know, peanut. I'm going. I love ya too. Be good for mommy, and careful not to get any paint on ya dress."

The girl hardly listened, brushing all of her mother's rules off. "Anddd, I love ya too, beautiful," Misty said to her girlfriend.

"I love you. Have fun but please be careful."

Cordelia continued her goodbyes to both Zoe and Queenie before the three were out the door. The house felt unusually quiet. With her students on summer break, almost all of them decided to go on vacation or back home, besides Cordelia's other three witches. April's ongoing pleading for paint began again, bringing the older witch back.

"Alright, let's go paint. Put you in something okay to get a little messy in? We don't wanna ruin your pretty dress, do we?"

April shook her head, blonde pigtails full of soft curly hair whipping around. "But we gotta hurry up mommy," the young girl said, concerned almost, "i wanna paint one for everyone!"

"That's a lot of work for some little fingers! We better get going then." Cordelia smiled, leaned in to place a couple of kisses to Aprils hairline.

Cordelia switched out Aprils dress for one of her own older t-shirts that pooled around the girl's feet. April didn't own anything she could get dirty in. Cordelia spoiled her rotten with all sorts of clothes. Even her pajamas were too pretty to ruin.