our little secret pt.1 - alice macray

summary: your phyllis schlafly's daughter, in love with Alice Macray. she was off limits. or maybe she wasn't. maybe Alice has feelings for you too.

warnings: none

word count: 1464

.   .   .

Schlafly wasn't an ideal last name to go by. Most certainly not during a time of change. And how awful it must be for Phyllis Schlafly's own daughter actively fighting for everything Phyllis is against. You never asked to be born in the Schlafly family anyways.

Living in your mothers house only gave you an advantage though. She held all of her meeting's in her office in which you could clearly hear from the living room or the kitchen. You could use all of the bullshit that she came up with to use it against her.

And you weren't nosy, you just happen to hear everything.

Phyllis thought you were awful for going against her and everything she believes in but really, you didn't care. You never got along with her like your siblings did. Maybe because you're different from them and your mother could sense it.

However, holding the meeting's in this house had another advantage. Alice Macray. The pretty blonde who has helped your mother throughout the years. She brings you the warmest cookies and gives her the softest hugs. You love her. You love her, love her.

She's not like the rest of them. That you know. She's not mean to you for standing up for what's right, even though she is supposedly on the other team. You think it might all be a fib, an act. Alice loves hearing about everything you've accomplished within Women's right, lgbtq rights and so on. Phyllis would never care to listen, nor be proud of you.

"Y/n, would you be a doll and grab us the pitcher of ice tea in the fridge?" Phyllis asked. You happened to walk into the room that she held her meetings when Alice happened to be there. Alice smiled at you and for a moment you forgot to answer your mother.

"Yes mom!" You sighed and shot her a fake smile. Sometimes she forgets that she has two legs of her own whenever she's around you specifically.

"Oh and four cups as well, darling!" Phyllis chimes. "Of course, mother."

It's a very hot day out so yes, your dress is shorter than most days but you don't process that until you've departed from the room. Then your faces heats up and your cheeks turn red. Was that why Alice smiled at you?...No, of course not.

Ice tea. Stay focused on the task at hand and not...Alice. Oh how pretty Alice looked in her light blue sundress. And her hair-

"Do you need help, sweetie?" The soft voice bounced throughout the room but for only you to hear. You almost dropped the glass in your hand but was saved by Alice. You looked down and saw her hand on top of yours. You knew that if you looked back up, your face would be inches apart, so you didn't.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" She giggled. Your pulse quickened and everything else is inaudible besides Alice's intakes of air that she exhaled so near to your face.

You finally looked up after taking many moments to answer "Um y-yeah, if you could just carry these cups. If you don't mind" You handed the older woman four porcelain cups and she placed them right back down. Did she not ask to help?

"That can wait" Alice says, nicely, respectful, her usual manner except with a teasing glint in her eyes. Oh.

You're so focused on her eyes that you hardly realize her hand on your waist until she starts caressing your sides. In the open, where the maid could walk in to do the dishes or your mother could storm in because you're taking too long. Alice Macray had to be messing with you.