frog rings - foxxay

summary: the night after misty's return from hell, she finally gets alone time with cordelia. only then, finally relaxed after getting settled back into life, that she notices cordelia's frog rings.

warnings: none

word count: 673

. . .

It was around ten'o Clock, All the girls where tucked right into their beds except for two witches, Misty and Cordelia.

They sat in the living room where the only source of light was the fireplace that cracked every now and then.

Misty was right next to Cordelia, they were so close she was almost sitting on top of her. Ever since she got back yesterday, walking through the doors of the academy, she hasn't been alone and she doesn't want to, she doesn't care who she's with, it could be Madison for all she cared, she just couldn't be alone, after all those years in hell being alone scared her.

Misty looked down at Cordelias hands that were playing with the rings on her fingers. At first Misty thought she was wearing a wedding ring, it has been awhile so of course Cordelia could have got married and from what she remembered, Cordelia didn't usually wear rings unless it was a wedding ring.

The Cajun looked closer to realize it wasn't a wedding ring, but it was frog rings, multiple of them on her fingers just like Mistys. Cordelia felt eyes starting at her so she looked over at Misty.

"The frog rings" Misty said as her eyes darted to the rings, then Cordelias eyes, then the rings, then her eyes. Cordelia nodded "I missed you a lot" Cordelia said as she felt a lump in her throat, she bit her lip to stop it from trembling but Misty knew what she was doing, she's seen Cordelia try to hold back tears before, she wasn't at the coven for long but she was there when Fiona was still alive and that was bad.

It wasn't long before a few tears rolled down Cordelias face, Misty stopped herself from crying, she wanted to be strong for Cordelia and Misty didn't realized how hard her death actually was for Cordelia.

Misty found herself wrapping her arms around Cordelia and giving her a gently squeeze, Cordelia felt her heart do circles, she wrapped her arms around Misty as well. "I'm here now" Misty said into Cordelia ear and let go of each other seconds later.

"But in case we get separated again, here" Misty said, taking off one out of her five frog rings that were wrapped around her fingers and sliding it on Cordelias ring finger, now she didn't have just some frog rings, she had Mistys real ring, her ring that she hasn't taken off in years.

Cordelia let out a small "Thank you" through her cries, then quickly wiped them on her sleeve.

Then it was silent, just the two of them staring into each other's eyes. Cordelia could stare into Mistys ocean eyes for eternity, they were beautiful and big and full of life. "I knew you for such a short time, and i've missed you forever" Cordelia said with a small smile on her face, Misty couldn't help herself by shedding a few tears herself "I love you" Misty blurted out under her breath, it just came out, she didn't even mean to say it, it was the truth but if Cordelia didn't feel the same way, it would ruin everything they had and Misty instantly regretted saying that.

It was silent, once again, Cordelias dark eyes staring into Mistys blue ones, they were both frozen, neither of them knew what to say or do so Cordelia decided to be the one to do it.

Cordelia slowly leaned towards Misty until her lips were touching the Cajuns lips. Misty put her hand on Cordelias cheek and Cordelia did the same to Misty.

"I love you too" Cordelia said as she took her lips off the love of her life, this is who she wanted to spend the rest of her time with.