the becoming of us - foxxay

requested by anon: cordelia and misty's journey through pregnancy

warnings: none i think

word count: 10,145

.   .   .

Ever since Cordelia became the supreme, she entirely gave up the idea of having a baby. She was single and she wasn't able to conceive in the first place. But then, she wasn't. She had Misty, whom she's wanted and wants to spend the rest of her life with, this time, positive she will. And then it seemed like every corner she took, there was pregnant woman, or a mother with a child in her arm.

And that's when she really got baby fever again.

She had her girls who were more than enough. They were her family, her daughters. But she wanted a baby too. She wanted a little clone of her and Misty running around the academy. She wanted to experience what it was like to raise a child from birth.

And then Misty brought up the idea of Cordelia's infertility. ya the supreme, she said, you have perfect health so ya probably able to conceive now.

That got Cordelia thinking. It was something that had flew right over her head. She gave up the idea of ever being a birth mother, so she flung all the possibilities out of the window.

And that is what led Cordelia and Misty to January 12th. Sitting in the bathroom, waiting for the timer to finally ding.

They both sat against the wall and Misty could not grip her lovers sweaty hand any tighter. It was a few weeks after Cordelia had tried the fertility spell once again, with the true love of her life. The pregnancy test was across the room, sitting on the sink, as if looking at it would change the results. Cordelia's free hand held the timer, and she would not take her eyes off of it.

"Delia," Misty said, but a white noise filled Cordelia's ears, taking her towards another time in her life. When it was negative, when she tried it with, dare say his name, Hank. "Cordelia," Misty said, once more, louder, but her tone didn't hold any malice. Simply concern.

Cordelia finally snapped her head to look at Misty, a blank stare across her face. But there was something behind that; fear and sadness.

"What's wrong?" Misty asks, she cups Cordelia's cheek that's flaming hot. She had been showing many symptoms as of lately, but yet still, she refused to believe any of it.

"Will you—" Cordelia gulped. Misty watched the lump in her throat slide all the way down until it disappeared. The older woman's eyes filled up with tears and her bottom lip trembled per usual. It was becoming hard to speak. "Will you still love me if I can't have a baby?"

Misty could feel her own heart shatter at Cordelia's words. The broken pieces of her heart scraping the inside of her chest, so painfully. "Cordelia," Misty's going to cry herself. But she doesn't. She needs to be the strong one here. "Delia, don't say that. I will always love ya no matter what. I don't care if ya can't have a baby, we can figure something else out. But I would never stop lovin' ya over something like that. Ever."

Misty's knuckles wiped away Cordelia's tears that had escaped when she spoke. She pushed away Cordelia's hair from her face, pulling Cordelia closer and kissing the top of her head. "I love ya. And i'm so sure that this will work. I bet my whole life on it."

Cordelia nodded. "I love you too," she said, simply, because she had so much doubt in herself and her body.

The timer eventually rang, the few minutes feeling like a few hours. Cordelia stood up on shaky legs, however, she didn't not move.

Misty stood up and she wrapped her strong arms securely around Cordelia's waist. "Misty, I can't do it. I can't look." She wouldn't even look Misty in her eyes, matter of fact. She was already ashamed that it was negative, and she hated that she didn't have more hope for the both of them.