all wrapped up in mistletoe - ally mayfair-richards

summary: you never expected the holiday season to be the time of year for you to fall in love with the kid you babysits mother. but as the christmas spirit grows, your relationship with ally does too.

warnings: none

word count: 2168

.   .   .

"...And mom said we're gonna decorate the tree today, and then decorate Christmas cookies, and then watch elf!" Izzy went on and on the entire day, explaining just how his Christmas themed day would go.

It was December 18th, and surely, Ozzy was getting into the Christmas spirit even more so each day. You never got to experience a Mayfair-Richards Christmas before. You had met Ally right after the season, in January. It was nearly the anniversary to the Day you became close friends with her.

Typically, you would babysit Oz until seven while his mother worked. But she had managed to escape that place by five. You knew she did everything, after all the shit that went down with the cult, to make sure that Ozzy always came first.

Somehow, it had put a damper on your mood. It was sweet, really, how she got to spend the holiday season with her son. But it only reminded you that you are alone. You have nobody to spend Christmas with.

As Ozzy rambled about the rest of his day, keys jingled in the doorway. Eventually, Ally walked in. You turned around to stare at the older woman. Her hair only slightly tussled from the day, still in her jeans and sweater. You smiled lightly.

"Mom!" Oz said. He jumped off the couch and ran over to hug her. Without Ivy in the picture, he had become fairly close to Ally. You followed behind him but kept your distance. She still made you flustered when she came too close.

She looked over his head at you and smiled. Truly smiled. "Hi, y/n" she said, ever so soft. You could listen to her speak again and again, all day. The way she said your name; how it rolled off her tongue like melted butter. You always preferred a tranquil environment. Simply being alone with nobody to speak and annoy you. To just let you be. But with Ally, you wanted her to talk to you, to touch you, to even yell at you. Whatever it was, you just wanted to be with her.

"Hi," you responded and suddenly hated the way your voice sounded. Hated how you looked. Hated everything. You needed to be perfect for her, if there was even a chance of her having mutual feelings for you. But then her eyes softened and smile grew deeper and all your thought bubbles blew away.

"Mom, can y/n stay and decorate with us?"

"Oz, that's alright. I don't want to intrude." Your cheeks became a deeper shade a red. He was a child; her didn't know the affect he would cause by this.

"It's okay, you're not intruding," Ally says, and as if she notices your burning hot cheeks, she steps forward and cups them with her cold hands. "I would love for you to stay and decorate. The snows coming down really hard right now, anyways. I don't want you driving home in that."

You can't tell if she truly wants you to stay, or just doesn't want to feel the guilt if you were to get into an accident. But something about the way that she brushes her thumb over the expense of your cheek and how her free hand rests on your hip gives you a better idea.

You clear your throat before speaking, for nerves had closed it up, "Alright then. Thank you." Ozzy had run back into the living room where boxes of ornaments had been waiting all day for him. Ally finally let go of you but you could still, somehow, feel where her hands were as if she left marks on you. Her eyes, however, could not leave you alone.

"How was Oz today?" Ally asked, expecting you to answer as if she hadn't stolen your breath, voice, and composure at the least.

"He was good. He couldn't stop talking about all of the comic books that he asked 'Santa' for." The older woman smiled, simple and sweet. It quickly faded and she looked down at the wooden floors, like they were the most interesting thing; she wouldn't advert her eyes elsewhere.