fallin' for ya - lana winters

summary: what better day to spend a rainy fall day then baking a pumpkin pie with your girlfriend.

warnings: none

word count: 1153

.   .   .

"Baby, that's flour not sugar" you chuckled lightly, making the brunette pout "i know but you said...but i thought we were making the pie" she threw her face in her hands, frustrated with the whole ordeal.  "we are but you don't make the filling with flour." You couldn't stand seeing her so distressed so you wrapped your arms around her, placing you head onto her shoulder "it's okay love, this is turning out way better than that apple pie you tried to make the other day" you both chuckled as she turned to face you, still in your arms "we were out of apples! Its not my fault it turned out like it did" you smiled at her, shaking your head in disbelief only before you collided your lips with her.

You stayed like that for a moment until your stomach growled, disrupting the moment. You both laughed "let's continue before my stomach starts eating me."

You got back to work while Lana just stayed by your side with her arms tightly wrapped around your waist and her head on your shoulder, watching you and taking mental notes on how to properly bake.

The pumpkin scent filled up the room as you placed it in the oven to bake, making it finally feel like fall. "Now we wait" you said, turning back to your lover "how long" she asked, already being impatient about it "about forty minutes" Lana sighed, throwing her head into her shoulder "patients lovey" you giggled at her, running your fingers through her brown locks "i don't have that" she said.

"How about we pick out a movie while we wait" before she could reply, you already grabbed her hand and were leading her into the living room.

You were trying to take her impatient, hungry mind off the pie but you should've known that picking a movie would be no better; she was really picky when it comes to movies and if you didn't love her so much then you would find it quite annoying.

"I'll pull out movies and you say yes or no" she sat in front of you on the couch, nodding at your instructions. But each one you pulled out was a no from her, so, with you not really caring what you were both going to watch at this point and Lana being too scared of real horror movies- which you could totally understand because of her past- you both settled on some cheesy witch movie.

"Alright well i'm gonna check on the pie" you said, looking at the clock and realizing thirty minutes had already passed. As you walked into the kitchen, Lana was right by your side like a puppy. You found it adorable, really. "Are you my shadow today, Miss Winters?" she rolled her eyes at your teasing comment and instead of answering, just placed her head on your shoulder while you opened up the oven.

And how were you going to tell her that it was yet to be finished? "mmm five more minutes" she sighed, throwing her head back. "Oh relax you, i think you'll survive" she smirked at your demeanor and then pinned you against the counter "i don't think i will" she said before colliding your lips with her. You haven't even tasted the pie yet but you were sure that her lips were sweeter.

Her hands were tightly gripped on your waist, holding you in place so her lips could aggressively attack yours without you moving. Meanwhile you allowed your hands to tangle in her brown locks. And then the loud, annoying alarm for the pie went off. This time you both groaned, annoyed that your loving moment was ruined.

"Are we ready to see this masterpiece" you slowly opened the oven like it was some huge reveal, earning a playful punch on your shoulder. "What a beauty" you said, taking the steaming pie out of the oven "wow" you were both practically drooling, staring at the sweet treat. One thing was for certain, you both had a huge sweet tooth.

"Okay whipped cream time" as you were swirling the whipped cream onto the pie, you got an idea that would either get a giggle out of your girlfriend or have her get all mad at you. "Lana baby, come here" she stood up from the kitchen table, walking towards you. What was out of her view was the mountain of whipped cream on your pointer finger. "What's up sweetheart" you turned towards her, hands behind your back "you've been very impatient today and i don't like it" she made a face that you couldn't quite tell if it was upset, angry, or confused, either way, it was quickly swept away when the whipped cream was swiped across her nose.

She lightly gasped "hey" you couldn't help but giggle at the sight "that's not fair" she grabbed the can beside you "Lana don-" it was useless to finish your sentence because you now had a big plump of whipped cream on your forehead.

"Now we're even" she said and you rolled your eyes at her though smirking so she knew you were kidding. "very funny" you washed off your face with the rag beside the sink, handing it to your girlfriend right after.

Minutes had passed and at last, you both had your fall dessert in front of you. "How is it" you asked, your mouth full of pie "amazing. Worth the wait" you shook your head at her "mhm, a very long wait" you quipped.

And when you were both finish, a nice fire was set in front of the tv. As Lana set up the movie, you snuggled under a soft, fuzzy blanket, waiting for your lover to join you. The only sound to be heard was the heavy rain, pouring down on the streets and tapping on the window- and of course Lana's curse words at the television when it refused to properly work due to the weather.

But when it finally did and you had your favorite person in the word cuddled in your arms, all the impatient-ness and her attempts at cooking were all worth it in this moment. "I love you" you said, your lips relaxed on the top of her head that was placed on your chest. "I love you too, love." And it wasn't long until the love of your life was peacefully asleep in your arms, not caring that she had barely made it even halfway through the movie. "I love you" you whispered again despite the fact that she couldn't hear you in her peaceful sleep. You grabbed the remote beside you, turning down the volume of the movie before resting your head atop of hers again. These were your favorite kind of days.