haunted - cordelia goode

summary: one halloween night, memories come flooding back to haunt cordelia but luckily you're there for her.

warning: mention of absent mother.

word count: 1182

.   .   .

Your eyes grazed the room for the familiar blonde but she was no where in sight. Cordelia finally allowed the girls to have a halloween party at the coven and you knew she wouldn't miss it, she would be too nervous that something bad would happened so there's no way that she wouldn't be supervising.

You asked around if they'd seen Cordelia anytime soon but you had no luck which you honestly expected because they were all too busy getting drunk than figuring out where the supreme was. Even if they did know, they probably wouldn't tell you, not wanting to get yelled at by her for drinking that much or breaking this or saying that.

"Delia?" you left the room where everyone was gathered in and you couldn't lie and say that panic didn't filled your voice because it did. You always got nervous when something was even slightly wrong with your girlfriend.

You decided to check her office first because even when you try to pull her away from her work to relax for once, she'll always complain or go right back to it so this would be the perfect time for her to sneak away. "Delia if you're doing wor-" you stopped talking noticing that there was no Cordelia in the office, no Cordelia doing work instead of enjoying herself.

You crinkled your brows once you checked the greenhouse as well. You didn't let the nerves get to you though. You just went right up to the bedroom that you shared with her.

Faint crying could be heard from down the hall and it only made you worry but at the same time, rage filled you, not at her but at whoever upset her.

"Delia?" you knocked on the door and put your ear up against it only to now hear sniffling on the other end. "Yeah one second" she said, her voice sounding strained and tired.

You waited there even though you knew she was just trying to put herself together; wipe away the tears and cover the red eyes with makeup. You knew she always sugar coats everything, telling you she's fine when she's clearly not. Of course you always get it out of her but you just hate that she had been taught to suck it up.

"Hi" she finally opened the door with a fake smile. You could still see tear stains on her face. "What's wrong love?" you asked, cupping her damp cheek. "Nothings wrong. I just wanted to get away for a moment to breathe" she walked away from you, sitting herself on the edge of the bed. You followed right behind her. "Don't lie to me Delia, i heard you crying."

She looked up again just not at you but at the wall, staring into space. You noticed tears were once again, forming in her eyes and she was biting her lip to the point where it almost bled. "I'm sorry" she looked down at her lap, watching as her tears streamed down. "It's just" she paused and you wrapped your arms around her for comfort. You didn't know what was wrong but you knew she needed comfort when she completely just melted right into you. "When i was down there i started to panic a little. I couldn't stop thinking about that halloween when i got blinded and i don't...i don't know what happened, i just started crying and i had to get away from it all; the crowd" she said "and i thought of my mother and all the halloweens when i was little, when she promised me she would take me trick or treating or promise that she would finally spend a holiday with me. I always got my hopes up, i always thought that she finally came around but each year i would just be left home alone because she was out getting drunk with god knows who."

Suddenly hated yourself for not thinking this through. You knew her past, you knew that at times, it comes back to haunt her but you were too caught up in planning this party with the girls that it didn't even go through your mind.

You were pulled out of your train of thoughts when she began to speak again "It's like...my mother, she's haunting me and i know it's stupid i-" you cut your girlfriend off "no Delia, it's not stupid, if it's making you upset then it's not stupid" you gently ran your fingers through her blonde locks, watching as her bottom lip trembled. "That would be difficult for anyone to recover from, i don't even think i would be able to recover from everything you've went through. It's okay to cry about it and it's okay to panic a bit whenever those memories come flooding back even in forty years from now. You may be the supreme but you're still human, you still have emotions."

The room fell silent and your girlfriend locked her eyes with yours. For a moment you thought you said something wrong until she grabbed your face, gently, and put your lips on her. It took you by surprise for a brief second but of course you couldn't help but melt into the kiss.

"How do i deserve you y/n?" She leaned her forehead up against yours and her tears were falling onto your lap. "I love you so much" she said and you grazed your finger over her cheek, wet with tears. "I love you too, my love."

"Oh and i know what will cheer you up" you reached into your pockets, ignoring the confused look on your girlfriends face. She let out a belly laugh when both of your hands came out with more than handfuls of candy.

"You've been stuffing your pockets with candy all night?" you didn't respond, you just grew a bigger smirk on your face. "Y/n, they could've melted and made a big mess" she said, although lightheartedly "okay but it comes in handy when the other girls are fighting over the last piece and i'm over here with like buckets of it" she chuckled, rolling her eyes playfully. She stuck out her hand and you placed a kit kat in her palm, remembering that it's her favorites.

"How about we have our own little party up here? I have all the candy we need and we can watch your favorite; Hocus Pocus" you had a huge smile on your face, a smile that Cordelia could never resist but there were always 'buts' "but the girls-" you cut her off "are having a great time down there while we relax up here."

With the warm, fuzzy feeling in her heart, it felt nearly impossible for her to say no. Either way, she would prefer to stay up here with you than spend time with a bunch of drunk teenagers, as much as she loved them.

"Alright than its a date."