her name painted in the sky - mildred ratched

summary: it's mildred's first time celebrating valentine's day and you want to make it special.

warnings: none

word count: 1078

.   .   .

February 12th.

February twelfth hit and you were starting to get nervous. You had two days to plan and get everything ready for valentine's day.

Mildred had never celebrated it, or any holiday for that matter. She never had anyone to celebrate valentines with and the other holidays, well, she had no one either, really. What was the point of celebrating it alone.

This was the first valentines that you were both together. You wanted to make it special. One that makes it hard to complete with in the following years.

Mildred didn't love public affection. Mostly because in this day in age, people would look at you like you both like you had four heads. And Mildred still didn't fully accept it.

Valentine's day, though, you wanted to show her affection so you must plan something far from nosy eyes. Wether that be in your house or some place far in the woods. But Mildred wasn't too fond of the woods so scratch that.

She appreciates just having you around. But, she has you around everyday. You need to do something more.
                                         ____
February 14th.

Mildred was still asleep. You were laying face to face with her. You only woke up a few minutes ago but you felt like you've been laying here, awake for the extent of your life. You knew you hadn't, although, you wouldn't mind if you were.

You traced your finger along the fair skin of her cheekbone. She was an early riser but this morning, you had been earlier.

Brown eyes fluttered opened, the first sight of them being you. Her long, bare legs had stretched out and rubbed against yours. You shuddered at the minimal touch.

"Have you been watching me sleep?" a husky voice asked. You moved your hand down to her chest, connecting each freckle with an invisible line as if she was a constellation.

"Only for twenty two minutes."

"You've been counting?" she asked.

"You're asking too many questions. I'd rather you just kiss me" you said.

Your bodies heatedly pressed against each other's. Greedy fingers carding through her hair as if they were looking for something more. Her lips felt softer than the pillow that your head was rested on, you thought.

Her lips parted slowly, allowing your tongue entrance. You fought for the dominance. You were the dame in her castle. Yet she was the one to enchant you.

When you pulled away for air, you foreheads never parted. The fairytale had changed and she was the one to capture you. She poisoned you with a potion that oozed Mildred and love.

"Happy valentine's day" you murmured against her mouth, nearly forgetting everything you ever known for a moment.

It was as if this was a sudden surprise to Mildred. As if she had never heard of a holiday in her life. She had tried to think of an apology but you had began to speak before she could say it.

After all, you didn't blame her. Its easy to forget about something that you don't have to or never had to put a thought to.

"Don't try and apologize. Let me show you how I would rather enjoy this holiday."

You slid off the bed in a slow manner, the bedsheets deciding to join you. "I would much rather stay in bed with you"  she said. You didn't notice her soft grip on your wrist until you looked down. Just like you didn't noticed her soft facade until you dug deeper.

"A shame" you smirked and disappeared into the bathroom, sure Mildred was to follow.

While you waited for her journey off the bed, you had escaped from your nightgown. You smiled to the candles that were placed intermittently around the room.

You slid into the water with rose petals sprinkled in it. You body warmed up instantaneously. In this very moment, you felt like a volcano. You were warm, no...you were burning hot. There was rumbling in your heart just waiting to erupt at any second.

Mildred had cautiously approached the bathroom. Wondering why it had been so dim.

"The waters getting cold" you said not above a whisper when you heard a gasp elude her lips. "What is all this?" she asked. You made hardly an effort to look up at her, keeping your careless facade.

"Why do you think I got up so early? You know I love my sleep but something, someone that is more important than my sleep is you, Mildred Ratched." She walked further into the room, into your view.

You opened your eyes that had made their way shut. You would rather stare at your love than darkness.

Making the most smartest of them all at lost for words, you spoke again. "Come on, honey" you opened your arms. No, not only your arms but your heart. Your mind. Your soul. All to Mildred. All for Mildred.

The silk of her nightgown made its way down her her shoulder before becoming a pile beside your own.

Water swooshed as she stepped in. She laid back and the rose petals traveled to the other side of the bath while your heart bloomed like the flower that those petals once were.

"Y/n...you are extraordinary" she said but her words had sounded like a breath. As if they weren't supposed to come out but had to because after all, you need to breathe. "You are not only the moon but you're the sky and the stars" she finished.

You ran your wet hand up and down her arm, watering it like a pretty flower. She wasn't just a pretty flower. She stood out from the rest of the bouquet. She was the one that you want to pick out and cherish for ever but you're scared that you'll hurt it if you do so.

You couldn't help yourself; her neck was in such close contact with your lips that you began to kiss her.

She leaned her head back, giving you full access. "I love you-" you mummed against her jawline. "-So much. I can't even put it into words."

"You don't have to. You put it into actions every single day." she grabbed your head, her fingers lacing through your hair and pulling your head closer to hers. Greedy but ever so gentle. "I love you. Happy Valentine's day, sweetheart."